Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Get a bigger sled.  

What were his mods?  How much do you both weigh?

Youd be amazed on what a good tuned clutch can do.

Run synthetics too.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
jcjuhl, what are you running?  stock gearing, clutching etc..  I put a Goodwin Performace clutch kit in mine and smoked a Polaris 700 XCSP in 1000'.  He weighs 140 and I weigh 180.  On a roll to about 100mph we were pretty close, I had him by about 1 ski length, then he started creeping on me.  All that is was the weight difference.   This is what worked for me up to 1000'. 54-48 helix, Goodwin blue secondary, Goodwin red primary, 287 ramps on clicker#3, 17.4 grams of pin weight. b-5 on the secondary.  Good luck. By the way, stock gearing, 25-43.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that polaris has pipes.a head and delta force reeds plus a boost bottle. we put it on a dyno and got 161 hp. my sled is all stock. any ideas

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think it is time to look at ordering pipes heads porting shiming the cylinder base clutching etc. or time to head for the dealer for a bigger sled which might be cheaper than the mods,or switch motors when he isn't looking or pull one of his plug wires something on that order.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Run it for 500' maximum.   If you can't beat him, forget it.  You need a big bore to get him.  Can you say Crankshop 830! then it is an  even playing field.  With the 830 big bore you will kick his butt, however is it worth the $3000.00 upgrade?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Unless I`m mistaken, if its a 2002 Xc with the ves there maken around 140 out of the box sooo if that is the case 161 could be possible, those ves polaris`s arent to be taken lightly and this is from a doo guy. If you really got to beat this guy I would have to  think the first thing to doo is come up with some serious cash after all it sounds like he did.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think you are mistaken.  I have never seen the hp figures on their 700, but I know the three manufacturers 800's range from 134 to 138 horsepower.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The 700 is around 126hp for 02 the non valver was around 117hp,also this 700 must have more than pipes heads reeds and boost bottle because if you add it up even with the aftermarkets exagerated hp numbers it won,t equal 160hp.Don't get me wrong the 700 ves will give 800s fitts if they are all in stock trim,but I think that the dyno was off a little and we all know you can make a dyno show bigger numbers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts