Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try doomans setup this winter on my mxz 700 cause I heard it is the way to go. Tried different things to dial it in but cannot achieve a flat shift. Just looking for some fresh ideas so I can achiev this so hear is the problem. I pin it and get about 7500 rpm. Then climbs to about 7800 than topend I get 8000 on tach. The clutches stay pretty cool. Tried tightening my secondary and playing with clickers for little sucksess. It just wants to shift to hard. The setup is 215-375 primary with goodwin blue secondary in b-5. I have it in clicker 4 right now with about 19-19.5 grams. So if sombody knows their #### help would b great.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I decided to try doomans setup this winter on my mxz 700 cause I heard it is the way to go. Tried different things to dial it in but cannot achieve a flat shift. Just looking for some fresh ideas so I can achiev this so hear is the problem. I pin it and get about 7500 rpm. Then climbs to about 7800 than topend I get 8000 on tach. The clutches stay pretty cool. Tried tightening my secondary and playing with clickers for little sucksess. It just wants to shift to hard. The setup is 215-375 primary with goodwin blue secondary in b-5. I have it in clicker 4 right now with about 19-19.5 grams. So if sombody knows their #### help would b great.[/b]
what ramps you using?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what ramps you using?[/b]
I am using the 287 ramps and have a 54-48 helix. Just to mention slightly worn belt runs as should new belt causes all the problems. It is the right belt for the sled same number as the other one.

·
4,440 Posts
I am using the 287 ramps and have a 54-48 helix. Just to mention slightly worn belt runs as should new belt causes all the problems. It is the right belt for the sled same number as the other one.[/b]
I run the 067 belt. I also have the goodwin ramps (gp 8's), they have an engagement bump to help the rpm in the bottomend.

·
4,440 Posts
I use gp 8's they have the engagement bump to help rpms down low.

·
4,440 Posts
I am using the 287 ramps and have a 54-48 helix. Just to mention slightly worn belt runs as should new belt causes all the problems. It is the right belt for the sled same number as the other one.[/b]
I use the gp 8's and run the 067 belt.

·
Registered
852 Posts
fresh belts are best. is the belt a 1/16th over the secondary when it shifts back out? check that and possibly bump up a clicker to 5 and add in a bit more secondary preload. is your motor jetted for the temps your testing at? hope this helps. well as i edit i see you played with the clickers and the preload....anyways, check that belt deflection and the make sure the motor is in good tune. worse comes to worse all sleds are a bit different you might have to use a spring on the order of 260/420.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]
Ya my deflection is good set it after every new belt I get. The motor has been running good plugs nice colour. When had the old belt she was close to perfect. I had this happen last year with another setup and I pulled out a lil weight and that worked with the new belt, but not this time. Put on new buttons in seconary but they wear a bit right away. If I went with different spring I would use one with a lower start cause my engagement is already around 4700. By the way I still get good topend and pulls open all the way with old belt. Maybe somthing I am missing in the clutches themselves.

·
4,440 Posts
ballsout1, Simon someone, he runs a 127 belt. I used a 067. could it be he has better luck after the 127 get worn in and harder maybe. becoming closer to the 067 compound. I have never looked into the durometer of a belt over time. I could see it getting harder with the heat cycles. :confused:

·
Registered
852 Posts
allright, its been abit since i`ve checked this thread. try a 50/47 at 26 and see what happens...i`m assuming you have one , if not try a 50 at 26lbs and report back!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
allright, its been abit since i`ve checked this thread. try a 50/47 at 26 and see what happens...i`m assuming you have one , if not try a 50 at 26lbs and report back![/b]
for now I went back to the setup I was running last year but I will b trying it with a 52-48 that I run on the setup I am using now instead of the 54-48

1 - 11 of 11 Posts