Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wut could be the problem if my 95 storm wont idle @ times, then once u start going/riding it will bog down like if it wasnt running on all 3 cylinders, and once u go a lil ways it will fire up on all 3, and sometimes it wont even fire on all 3 even after you go for a while......i replaced the spark plugs with NGK BR9ES, and replaced all three endcaps for the spark plug, and yeat it still does all this......ur help would be greatly appreciated thanks....jon

·
Registered
79 Posts
Jon,

First of all, get the sled to act-up, then pull one spark plug lead off at a time, then put it back on. The spark plug lead that makes the least difference on how it runs is the culprit cylinder. Check for spark...either by using a fancy clip-on tester or by putting a spare (good) plug on the end of the lead and check it.

If there's no spark, swap coils (see attached parts diagram) with another cylinder, then repeat the test. If the problem jumps to another cylinder, you have a bad coil (or ignition source to that spark plug lead). If the problems stays on the same cylinder, check wiring, etc. On that particular machine, I think the plugs (coils) might be fired sequencially....anyway, we'll figure that out when we get there.

If there is spark, check compression in all cylinders. The cylinder might be weak, and "limp" around, sometimes making enough power to fire, sometimes not.

Let us know how you make out !

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
would that cause the tach, and the headlight flicker on and off too??[/b]
Does the tach and light flickering only happen when it's not running right?

·
Registered
252 Posts
i had the same problem with my 600 triple.i did have one bad boot on my plug.fixed that and rode awhile and low and behold it came back.changed all the plugs and rechecked boots,it just kept coming back.so i switched from br9 plugs to br8's problem gone.i have had the same plugs in my sled now for 1100 miles and no problems at all. i know i know the br8's run hotter but it seems to have solved my problem with no other signs of trouble.the poo dealer said it shouldn't hurt anything at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks switching to the br8s def seem to work it runs alot better and it idles....but i still have a problem with my tachometer and my headlight....cuz it still flickers on and off and sometimes they just both wont work but once u give it gas everything will start working again untill u let off...could that be a Voltage Regulator????

·
Registered
252 Posts
not to sure about that.i know mine does that every once in awhile to.but after a good ride it seems to disappeer.maybe try that take it out for a good rip,not just a short little ride i mean a good go.i usually hit the trail and ride hard for at least a solid hour,and i will stop for a few minutes.when i start it back up it seems ok again.maybe your idle needs to come up a little,but i don't touch the idle myself.it needs to go on the machine to make sure all carbs are set the same,otherwise mine does run like crap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found out the problem of the lights all it was is a lose wire, so i fixed that and now its fine :)......as of now i did put the BR8ES in and now it idles good so thats good but there is still a lil bog to it but not bad

·
Registered
252 Posts
sounds like you may have a dirty carb,or even a float sticking a little,just went through that with the 500.one carb had a float sticking 15 minute job and its as good as new :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts