Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not a mountain sled, but I have a 2003 Polaris SKS 700. I don't have the manual and was wondering what's the right set-up for deep snow/mountain riding. It doesn't get back on the track like I want it to and it kinda dives into the deep snow. I have SLP SLT skis on it, but I'm changing to Powder Pros this week. Also what's the best front width for laying it over. It's set at 43" but I can adjust to 41". Thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
41 is a good stance,38 is to narrow and 43 don't fit between trees well.Tighten the ski shock maybe 1/2 inch past no rattle.Let the limiter strap all the way out.front skid shock 3/8 to 1/2 inch past no rattle. set the rear shock to3 or 4 inches of sag. Always remember to push hard with right thumb and get your butt off the seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I just switched out my SLTs for some Powder Pros, so I'll take your advice and see how she works. Right now interior Alaska doesn't have the best snow conditions. We've had alot of wind and it's been real cold -27 at the parking off-load area last Saturday. I'm hoping to go to Cantwell this weekend, so I should be able to see if the set-up and new skis do the trick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts