Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had just installed sc10 upgrade kit on my 97 mxz 670 and once i tried it would not budge , however when i loosenes off the acm nut the suspension was great. i would just like know if i can take this not off completely or not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most powder-hounds ride with the nut OFF - beware - your steering will be less than practical. They use extreme body english to help manuver the sled. If your gonna trail ride, you can safetly back it off to the final 2 threads. Just make sure the nut is in decent shape so you don't loose it...................

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you ride with it off be careful on the hard packed, when you gun it you might get a pleasant or unpleasant surprise. the pleasant one your sled will point its skis at the sun, the unpleasant...your sled will turn on you, litterally flip back on the bumper maybe even you! Fun thing to play with when you want to show off a little.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you ride with it off be careful on the hard packed, when you gun it you might get a pleasant or unpleasant surprise. the pleasant one your sled will point its skis at the sun, the unpleasant...your sled will turn on you, litterally flip back on the bumper maybe even you! Fun thing to play with when you want to show off a little.[/b]
is the nut supposed to be tight with the upgrade kit installed? the only way i could get any movement out of my suspension was when i looened it off a little. everything in my undercarrage has been just replaced and every pivot point and zerk had been taking apart and greased. i'm just looking for some different things to try to help me get my proper suspension back again. thanks for the help...

·
Registered
61 Posts
like beater said, loosen it off to the final 2 threads. If you like it without it on at all, try it for a while see if you can live with the steering effect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts