Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have just bought a 99 mxz 600 with the old sc10 in it how do i get this thing to hook up good?? also i have a problem with the rear suspension wanting to throw you forward after you go over a bump. the susp. seems to be to springy and comes back up way to fast. i took the rear shock out and took it to get recharged. the sled has 36ookms on it.

thanks
yamarap

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you loosen the acm nut at the back of the skid that will help with traction. I would put a 1.25 track on this makes a huge difference in traction for braking and accelerating

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I had a 99 and loved it!

They hook up pretty good right from the dealer. I just added 144 studs to mine, I think I did loosen up the ACM nut a bit though.

The SC 10s do buck you a bit, you can either learn how to ride it that way or get the ETS kit for it. You can also look for someone selling a SC 10 2 and put it in there.

The 99s seemed to have pretty stiff springs from the factory so you could get some softer springs, I liked mine stiff like that until I snapped them in half.

Hope it helps some.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Get the ETS kit.Aworld of a difference.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very old news- get the ETS bars. Way. And they do make a better ride. Loose ACM, as said. You might even think about lighter rear springs, depending on your weight. I went to lighter springs and really liked it a lot better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
One thing to remember though, the ECM kits make it lose weight transfer. I still think it would be a good idea though since you are concerned with the bucking of the sled after jumps and bumps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What springs did you put in ? I have a Formula III 700 and after putting the ETS kit in the ride got real stiff. I have backed the adjusters all the way and it is still real stiff. I bought the sled used and think that the previous owner may have put stiffer springs in to ride two people. What markings on the springs are stock and heavy and for that matter light ?
Thanks for the help,
Jemms :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sounds like you will have to make a decision, the ETS kit couples the front and rear arms which drastically minimize "kickback", BUT a major loss in weight transfer is the result. with the ETS kit installed, adjusting the ACM nut won't make much difference. Also having a ton of weight transfer unloads the front skis when throttling out of the corners creating a big push. If you like holeshoting and carrying the skis off the ground, don't install the ETS kit, and back the ACM nut way off, if you like blasting through whoops and stutter bumps with precision go with the ETS, and wind up the ACM tight. Good luck,
Rich K.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You will find with the ETS installed you have some REAL adjustibalty.
If you want an excellent ride and keep the front end down when throttling out of corners, tighten up the ACM nut tight. You want a little or a lot of wheelie action then start to loosen up the nut.
Another hidden advantage of the kit is you can run your track A LOT looser before racheting.
It does stiffen up the rear a bit, I run on #2 from #3 and I weigh about 250# fully geared so if your under 200 a lighter set of springs would be the ticket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts