Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=40911:DSC03332__Small_.JPG]a friend of mine has just got his first sled but it's a vmax 600 st long track do any of you know what year it is and if so what belt will work best on it. i know it's an older seld but any help would be appreciated thanxs

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks like 1994 -1995[/b]
1994 as far as i know, '95s had the 500/600 up on the windshield fairing...at least all the ones ive seen do!

should be a good sled wonder what the long track is like...

look on the manufacture decal on the tunnel it should have date i believe...

as far as belt, heres the yamaha parts page:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

That will help!

any other questions or what not, I just bought a service manual off ebay for my '95 short track so I might be able to look up or scan a few pages (not gonna scan the whole thing right now

Tell your friend to have fun! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx all i will let my friend know and have him go to that yamaha web page thanx again

·
Registered
70 Posts
thanx all i will let my friend know and have him go to that yamaha web page thanx again[/b]
no problem. If he needs any pages out of the service manual, i could scan, but i dont want to end up scanning all of it, ok actually I could have my brother scan it he doesnt have a job...yea thats a good idea...

I cant wait to get my vmax ready for snow, I miss my old 94, that thing was FUN!

keep prayin for more snow...

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Thats a 94 Vmax ST

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Get a new Yamaha belt (not aftermarket) and if you notice the primary squealing you will have to adjust the belt deflection (in the secondary). This is a necessary adjustment if the clutch is set up for an old belt. You won't really know until you ride it for a few minutes. The clutch on my Vmax has been the easiest and most predictable to work with of all my sleds. If you need help I have the full Yamaha 94-96 Vmax shop manual and all addendums in a PDF file that I'd be glad to pass on. PM me if you want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts