Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew the piston in my machine on last sunday a week from now and I was fixing it yesterday and they rod bearing was really sticky. It was sticking to the piston, but we finally got it out and we put some oil on it and it moved freely, any ideas of what might happen if we put it back in? Or should I just get a new one? I talked to a dealer around here and he said that you can only buy the bearing with the rod, I think I am gonna look for a used one but I also would like to save time and just put the original one in, thanks

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
greatwhitenorth,
 the pain of time will be worth the gain, get the new one.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Are you talking about the wristpin or the roller bearing that goes in the small end (top) of the connecting rod.Most aftermarket piston kits include a wristpin I bieleve also you should be able to get the small end bearing with out buying the connecting rod.I always replace the wristpin and bearing when ever I replace a blown piston they are cheep compared to having to do it again because of a bearing failure on the trail 100 miles from home.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
snorat,
 i notice your location is the rats nest ? now in canada that  means you live in ottawa and you are government. did i get your loation right ? LOL  

1 - 4 of 4 Posts