Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rocketman,

You told me to adjust the torsion srpings on each side of the skid to the hardest setting.  I'm a Rookie at this (suspension adjustment) so can you tell me how I can adjust this?  Also, the front shock in my skid is on its lowest setting, should I leave it at that cause increasing pressure there will decrease ski pressure correct.   Just wanted to check with someone that knew.  Thanks!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
OK. On that sled you have the SC-10 suspension. You said you already had the ACM nut all the way in. That keeps the skis down under acceleration. If you are still getting too much transfer ie. ski lift, the what you want to do is set the front arm shock stiffer, and make the rear springs stiffer as well.
     You can adjust the rear springs with one of the tools in your toolbox that came with the sled, or with a big socket I guess. If you look at where the rear springs interact with the rear arm, you will see the short end of the spring sitting on a grooved assembly. On the front of that assembly there is a big hex nut. Using the big end of the sparkplug wrench from the toolbox you can turn this thing and adjust the stiffness of the rear springs. Have a look there and let me know if that makes sense.

Increasin the pressure on the front shock will decrease si pressure somewhat, but it will also increase the suspension's resistance to weight transfer. YOu just have to find a setting that works for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts