Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows the conditions in North Bay? How far North did you go? Im trying to get up there first week in march would like to hit cochrane from there. Are you running 280's in that sled? My season been too short to get my clutching dailed yet. Thanks Dooer

·
Registered
279 Posts
North Bay was great. We went as far north as Temagami. The further north the better. South west of lake Nippising was sparse. Since we were there I think they got another couple of feet. Yes on the 280s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. Hoping to go in a couple weeks. Its close to a 1,000 mile round trip from North bay to cochrane. That gasline is sweet from Nbay to Temagami.

·
Registered
279 Posts
We did 1457mi in 4 days, 533mi the last day, the conditions were terrific. We are hoping to get back there once more this season. Have fun and be carefull on that lake nippising. I think i read that there was 8 people killed this season on that lake!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must have been flying! We did 1150 in three days up there in 98.. in 99 had to cut it short due to a crash. Havent been back since due to work schedules. This trip will pretty much be my winter. maybe next winter we can hook up for a ride, Im not far from you. I'm in  Lockport.

·
Registered
103 Posts
350+ miles 4 day average. Tom you da man! If we would have tried that in Quebec we would have had to tighten every nut and bolt on the sleds from the rough trails. We managed 185 miles in one day and thought we were "doo"ing well. Take care, ronzx9.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It wasnt that tough really, the trails and lakes were great, and nobody broke anything or hit any trees. Latter at night we stayed pretty close to home because there was a 24hr gas station, a little disapointed we didnt stay out a little longer and hit 600mi that last day. Best time we ever had up there. A pretty good average considering we only rode for about 225mi the first day. Really was thinking about that yamaha 4 stroke (rx1) with all the gas and oil we were dumping in. One of the guys had a 98 xc700 and he went threw almost 4 gallons of oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts