Snowmobile World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not a Rx-1 (I may love it and jump ship.)

I bought a 2003 Yamaha banshee.  I dont know what color it is because i asked for the first one they could get and want it in the back of my truck by this friday.  

I love my Ds650baja and thats why i wanted an other sport bike and then just the other day the clutch on my kodiak broke all its cooling fins and screwed everything up.  So i cleaned it up all nice inside and traded for an other sport bike.  (Note to all kodiak owners, Make sure no debris gets into the front clutch snorkle.)  I could only choose out of yamaha and honda so instead of going for a raptor i desided i wanted to experiance %50 more power stroke.  Also i heard the sales guy tell me it sounds like a sled engine so i was sold..  

2 stroke cold smoke.

Last edited by toydoc at Sep. 16, 2002, 7:18pm

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just warming up to the RX1 by buying the wheeler this year. Maybe next year you can get the RX1 EFI & really come out of the closet. hehehe

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it a Black and Red one and Ill have it by thursday..

Oh and at the dealer they Had a RX-1.

Im sorry guys but I dont like it.  It looks amazing but you feel to exposed sitting on the akwardly designed seat.  It feels like yamaha was trying to make a Rev type seat and stopped half way.  The windsheild doesnt do anything for you and a bigger one would ruin the look of the machine.  

I dont like the digital speedo but thats IMO.

Under the hood it it very clean, but me and one other guy both agreed it was very, very packed and we didnt like the rubber carb cover although I really didnt mind it.   Everything else looks good.

However I say this with absolute truth and honesty, This sled is HEAVY.  I lifted the front end and its VERY VERY Heavy.  I would put money down that my Mach is much lighter.  I can lift and throw my Mach around but this sled was very heavy.  The back of the sled was about the same as the Mach.

All in all its a good sled and a great start for 4 strokes.  Ill agree that if sleds are going to 4 strokes I would rather them be like this and not like the skidoo V1000.  

The Sharp looks of the RX-1 and the great fit and finish are why this sled is selling real well.  

You Rx-1 owners will be happy, But its not for me.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Accually my neighbour moved out and is trying to rent the place.  Till then he wants me to park my truck in his driveway.  Both driveways you see are my vehicals.  

So yes its my truck..

And thanks, the banshee is pretty cool.  I took it to a sand pit yesterday for its first run and oh man what a powerband.  Its nuts.  

Im gonna mod the #### out of it after the 6 month warrenty is up so i can do 80mph+

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Im sure you'll love that bike machzzzz1.  I used the very same engine in my yami RD and RZ street bikes. They were GREAT
. I could wheelie through 3 gears and top out around 190kliks.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Machzzz1,
    Here is some personal insight to keep that quad running. Do not mod it more than pipes and even those do funny things. The Banshee is a real screamer but very,very finicky when it comes to jetting. Most of the guys i've rode with installed the single carb kit to ease the problems with jetting it all day long do to changing weather conditions and do to it's ability to constantly un-sync the carbs. Stock jetting leaves a bit each way at sea level but once you re-jet for pipes it's a whole new world. And they are quite costly to rebuild. They've really made it a better quad over the last few years but it's motor is still a picky one. They make every mod under the sun for it but everyday pull it and ride  goes away with those mods. So really think about what you plann on doing with it before you mod it. I'm suprised that they gave you a 6 month warranty as it was 90 days not to long ago.
Caleb

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
looks good. if you want another dodge truck call my brother he owns the dodge dealership in paris ontario 519-442-7171

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
a little brotherly competition in the auto sale market Paul?

I'm a chev man myself, do you have another brother (or maybe a sister
)that works at the chev dealer?

FishHog

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
fishhog,
 i think that i would be smart to keep you away from the female versions of my family. LOL  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Paul and Sled Dogg for the advice.  

Paul -  Ive got a ton of connections with Dodge, My best bud is a mech at a dodge dealer, One of my sledding buds is a top sales man and part owner of an other one and an other sledding bud is a top sales guy at Arthur dodge which is pretty much only a truck dealer.  I also know a few local guys at Team chrysler and ontario.  But thanks.

Sled Dogg - I must have put 600km on that banshee this weekend.  I cant get over the sudden powerband that these bikes have.  Ive desided to keep it stock for this and next season.  

My mod list is going to be.

PSI ceramic pipes and silencers,
K&N filter.
Reeds.

Im pretty good at dialing in carbs and syncronizing carbs so thats not really a problem.  When it comes time to rebuilding the motor, If that time comes.  Im gonna take it apart myself and machine it to the next size up piston for that engine.  

I got a Baja DS for my daily runner which by the way beats the stock banshee in a drag and top end which i found out.  But I needed my summer 2 stroke fix and the chainsaw wasnt doing it.

Driving a 2 stroke ATV is so much like sledding and it just gets your face grinning and heart going.  It also sounds like an old 60s ferrari roadster which is neat.  And the best part, When your buds ask you to drive and you switch machines you get to follow in a heavenly smell of amsoil.  

Cus 1 isnt enough and 4 is 2 many!!! 2 strokes rule...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts