Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you started to put your sled back together yet?  It is June now, snow will be flying soon.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I finally got the used bulkhead that I picked up stripped down.  I got everything lined up and I gotta find a day when I can borrow the local dealers air rivet gun and do it all in one day.  Then it shouldn't talke long to reinstall everything.  I got the seat back from being repaired the other day so it shouldn't be long.  Look for more pictures soon on my site.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too bad you're not local to me, I have an air riveter.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That would be nice.  I'm just glad I don't have to do them by hand.  Now that were pretty much done in the field for awhile I should be able to find an open day to do it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Well ARCTICZRT600 I started putting it back togethor.  I got the frame riveted back togethor.  I started to put the steering in and found out the steering post is bent so I'm trying to find a replacement.  I got some picture but I'm having trouble getting them on the page.  I will get them up as soon as they finish fixing the problem.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 2 steering posts in my garage but too bad they are for 96 ZRTs.  Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I don't know what I should do.  I have a steering post for a 01zr600 that will fit.  I don't know if I should spend the 110 to put the new hooked handlebar and riser or buy a new steering post for 40 and put hooks on my old handlebar.  Or is there anyone out there with a steering post for a 00 zr or with a riser and handlebar for the new steering post.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put the hooked bar on my 98 ZR600 and I personally didn't like it.  I put the stock bars back on with the hooks, love it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
zr500 I was just on your site thats too bad about your sled. I have the some sled but a 600. Two winters ago I roled it did not do too much damage. Just have a little crack about 3 inchs long on one side near the corner of the lach. I was wondering if you fixed your hood yet and how? Or how much did it cost if someone else did it? I also have a few stone chips from another sled that was in front of me spinning his track like an idiot.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I got a new used hood for about $250 without stickers.  I had cracked my cougar hood to and got the crack fixed easy enough with fiberglass and body filler but I was never able to get the colors to match.  I think i will repair this hood just as a spare.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a friend here that is a body man. He might be doing my hood all over, to make it look like new again. We have not talked price yet though. I hope he does not charge a lot. I know what you mean by your sled being your baby. This is my first new one to.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Thats exactly the way I feel.  I plan on fixing it back to were it was or better then adding a few extras for some more power then riding it for another year.  Then I plan on buying either a F7 or ZR900 when I graduate from college and keeping this one as a spare or for my girlfriend.  Now I just gotta get her hooked on snowmobiling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts