Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any zerks that are hard to find just by looking around the sled that I should know of?? ZX chassis. Don't want to leave anything unlubricated!!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i think there are 7 on the skid frame and 8 if it is a grand touring 700, 4 up front equalling 2 on each side at the skiis, one inside under the hood at the base of the steering post. i'm told there can be one at the base of the speedometer cable where it connects to the drive but my sled doesn't have one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Paul, if I were you I would find out why your sled is missing the one that is at your axle bearing. That one is very important and should always be greased. A friend of mine has a 96 Mach1 and he never greased his. One day on a trip up the bay his bearing seized and he didnt know. It wore a hole right through his tunnel about the size of a fist and eventually locked up the track. He had to take his sled to a welding shop and get the to fabricate a piece of aluminum over the hole and make it so that it would hold a bearing again. All this would have been prevented if he greased that area!
The first sign of trouble for that bearing not getting grease is the speedo will stop working. The bearing gets to hot and melts the plastic gear that works the cable.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
:withstupid: but not in his sexual tendencies. :p

My grandtouring has that zerk on the PTO side. And I grease it every week. I lost that bearing on my old Pantera (I never knew the zerk was there). Luckily, no major damage, just a new bearing.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Slightly off topic so i assume fish hog that you are neither
hardcore and/or pimped out nor a swinger like pete and
the ford dealer paul :0: :p :hallo10:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
let me see there is 5 grease fittings on the rear skid , there is 2 under the hood on he front steering linkage, 1 under the secondary (driveshaft brg.)
there is 1 on each spindle (steering shaft above ski) and thats should do you for grease fittings.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Originally posted by z800rtx@Oct 18 2002, 07:32 PM
Slightly off topic so i assume fish hog that you are neither
hardcore and/or pimped out nor a swinger like pete and
the ford dealer paul :0: :p :hallo10:
You know, I never would have thought that about Paul.

:D

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Originally posted by paul yarek@Oct 18 2002, 11:59 PM
i'm told there can be one at the base of the speedometer cable where it connects to the drive but my sled doesn't have one.
Try dropping a trouble light light in below your secondary and looking forward through the foot rest. That's how I get to the zerk on mine. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts