Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 mxz 700.  I was just in Cooke City MT, and my sled was running to rich in the higher elevations 9000-12000, causing me to rev only 7200rpm.  Has anyone put leaner jets in to help.  The ski-doo dealer tells me that the DPM will do all the work.  I think there are 310's in there now can I put 300's in them. What setup do you have for high altitude on your MXZ's. I also have a 136", 1.5" track.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
you can lean out the system by changing the main jets,be sure you do a plug/piston check.I do not run at high altitudes but the 00 mxzs here had 280 mains I run 260's in my stock sled and 300's in the piped one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Rob, There have been some issues with DPM rails leaking on the '00 and '01's. The leakage will cause the sled to run too rich. Talk to a 'Doo dealer in the mountain states and he should have the cure. Essentially you take silicone and seal the unit up.  The DPM leakage doesn't show up as much in the lower altitudes because the base line jetting is just about right for the lower altitudes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rob, are you sure the reason for not getting your RPM's is a rich condition? You will need to realize that when you go up in elevation that your engine loses power, at 12,000 ft. you have lost about 25% of your power. Does your pri. clutch still have solid pins? There is a high alt. set-up from ski-doo that works pretty good. I would also recommend gearing way down if you ride at higher alt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts