Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the 800 this weekend and noticed that the idle is at 1500 until I go for a ride then it idles at 25-3000 for a little while then comes back down to 1500 it did it more than once is this normal?

·
Registered
582 Posts
petestoy-

I don't think that this is normal. Try your idle adjuster, found on top of your carbs, and turn it down(to the left) a little and see if that takes care of it. I have the same sled and have noticed that mine idles low. It should idle around 800-1,100 RPM when it is warmed up. If the idle adjustment doesn't help, it may possibly be bad reeds. You may want to check those if the adjustment doesn't quite work. I guess it could also be a carb malfunction, but prolly one of the first two.

Brother D

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
If it jumps back and forth then its more then just an adjustment on the carb.... i can put a finger on it but a high idle will stay high until adjusted down... in my experiences they have never jumped up and down

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Some were doing this but not until you jetted down. Has the sled been jetted down yet? If so I was told that people were blipping the choke for a sec to get it to come down. And if it happens more regularly then you need to open your air screw. I would check your air screw. Should be around 1 1/2 to 2 turns out from factory.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not jetted down yet but I have 410's to go in I bought the sled used and have not had the carbs of yet thats next weekends job. But it sounds exactly like what is happening. Bump the choke and it comes down.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, I just use the ign. key. Shut it off until the eng. just about dies and turn the key back on. You've got to save that gas :)

Auggie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts