Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 01 mxz 600, ive put on a silencer, vforce 2 reeds, and i need to re-jet it when the temp drops later.  but thats what ive got for ENGINE mods, (not to mention, clutching and other things).  Should i keep running regular 87 octane pump gas in my sled, or should i run the premium 93 octane??

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It will probaly run ok with the 87, but I would run the 93 just to be on the safe side,( if you are going to be running the sled hard). You might as well cut the head, it will give you a little more power then you have to run the higher octane fuel.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ####, i forgot to mention i was getting the RK TEK head, and i think you need to run the 92 or 93 octane in that.  stupid me. haha.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If you are increasing compression run 91 or higher.  

I only run 91 in all my sleds because ive had bad luck running lakes with 87.

Higher octaine will cost you a little performance but will give you a margen of safety.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the performance diff. even noticable??

·
Registered
176 Posts
the engine will make the best power with the octane it`s rated for but a couply higher is best for saftey. running race fuel if not needed is a waste of money and a loss in power.rember the higher the # the less volatile the fuel that`s what stops the detination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts