Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if i buy an hjc heated shield for my cl-max modular helmet if i can plug it directly into my helmet port on my 2006 gsx limited? I'm pretty sure that i can but the shield comes with a whole bunch of cables and battery hookups. I don't want to buy this if I can't plug it directly into the helmet port on my new sled! :bash:

here is the link: http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/...0102&mmyId=

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
u could w/ a 97 model so I would be flabergasted if u couldnt w/ a 06. Ask your dealer what parts u need.. but I bet it will cost u at least $50

·
Registered
35 Posts
does anyone know if i buy an hjc heated shield for my cl-max modular helmet if i can plug it directly into my helmet port on my 2006 gsx limited? I'm pretty sure that i can but the shield comes with a whole bunch of cables and battery hookups. I don't want to buy this if I can't plug it directly into the helmet port on my new sled! :bash:

here is the link: http://denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/...0102&mmyId=[/b]
I'm not sure what you have for a port on your sled, but I can tell you about my HJC helmet hookup. The plug that goes into the sled (mine was already wired) looks very similiar to an RCA jack on your VCR/DVD. It is a male plug with a center prong and an outer sheild about 3/8 inch in diameter. Mine came with all the extras also just in case the sled was not previously wired. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help guys. the port on my sled is very similar to a female rca cable (like the one on the back of the tv) there is a picture of a helmet visor next to it. i think all the newer ski doo's have the same port. My sled also came with a male connector that looks like an rca cable which i believe connects to the shield and then goes into my sled. It seems that the shield comes with a cable that would either fit into the adapter that came with my sled or directly into my sled but I wasn't sure.

-dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
It should work on ac or dc so you should be all set. It comes with the wiring to hook up when your sled didn't already come with it. I gotta say that I'm not very impressed with HJC. I bought a brand new cl-14 last year and my buddy sprayed me with mud on the first trip. I went to change the shield this year and there was something really funny about it. It wouldn't open, and finally with some wiggling I got it off. When I got the new one on, it felt like it would break if I opened it. So I just leave the shield closed, and there's a little air leak.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone..i think it should work, im going to order one for me and my father. has everyone had positive experiences with these things? i've been snowmobiling for a long time and always had fogging problems. i've tried everything, and nothing works except keeping the shield open a crack, but on cold days (like this morning at 0 F) it still fogs up and gets pretty cold.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes you can plug it into the jack on your GSX. All the other wires that come with the shield are for old sleds like my '94 and then we have to spend some time doing the wiring under the hood so it will work. Enjoy having a sled new enough that it's already done for you with a nice neat looking factory jack with a cover over it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes you can. I have the same helmet and shield and plug it into my port on my 06 GTX LTD and it works fine at all temps. Never have had any fogging problems. :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help everyone, i ordered two today one for me and one for my father, looking forward to using them, just wish i picked them up earlier in the season!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts