Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from Black Magic.....WOW :hallo1:

F5 and F7 TEST RESULTS

While testing last week, we learned something that has not been as evident, in the past, on other model chassis, namely the ZR's and the ZL's. We normally break in a new chassis by putting on 30-50 hard miles, adjusting the track, and getting an overall feel for the sled.This we did on the new stock out of the box F5 and F7.

Then we began our 1000' and 1/2 mile speed runs. Both sleds had 35 miles on them. The F7 is the hot sled, so we started on the 7.

Here are the times: 1000' on ice with 2-4 inches of snow and an ice groove.

101.4 mph at 11.78 sec.
102.7 mph at 11.64 sec.
103.1 mph at 11.59 sec.
Averages--102.4 mph and average 11.67 seconds in a 1000'.

1/2 mile run on ice groove

106 mph
108.1 mph
107.1 mph
Averages 107.06 mph in a 1/2 mile.

Later on in the day, after we put on an additional 115 miles, we ran the sled through the traps and the radar gun again. Hang on to your hats!

1000'

105.5 mph in 11.61 seconds
105.1 mph in 11.61 seconds
106 mph in 11.51 seconds
1/2 mile

1.113.4 mph
2.113.5 mph
3.114.2 mph
Averages 105.5 mph and 11.57 seconds in 1000'. 113.7 mph in a 1/2 mile.

If you do the math, you can see that in a matter of 115 miles, the sled loosened up to the tune of being a tenth of a second quicker in 1000' feet along with being a full 3 mph faster. The real kicker is the top speed--6.64 mph faster with 150 miles on than with 35 miles on!!

And we could definitely tell the differences in the 2 chassis when we rode the 500 and the 700 back to back. The 700 would freewheel now where the 500 would slow up dramatically when we let off the throttle. What a difference 115 miles makes!!

Now if you go out and wax your buddy big time with very few miles on your sled---just tell him--it's only going to get worse
:D

·
Registered
959 Posts
thats cooking i wish i had one of them :) SWRules

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would take that information with a grain of salt---Black Tragic, they are anything but trustworthy.

There is no doubt that the F-7 will run good, but I cant trust the source on this one. Remember guys when a certain someone from Black tragic was on this site last year posting all this crap about how great their service was and how their products were the best...hmmm....

Those of you who have been on here a while know what I'm talking about.

Can you say Tim Berg???

·
Registered
677 Posts
I really doubt those numbers, we had a racelast weekend and there were two F7's there and they weren't running anywhere near that. I'm not bashing here just stateing the facts, they are fast sleds but the two that were at our race were no faster than the mxz 800's they were raceing against.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Originally posted by paidncash@Nov 26 2002, 05:51 AM
I really doubt those numbers, we had a racelast weekend and there were two F7's there and they weren't running anywhere near that. I'm not bashing here just stateing the facts, they are fast sleds but the two that were at our race were no faster than the mxz 800's they were raceing against.
Whatever........ ???

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
So an additional 150 miles, top end went up over 6mph. Imagine the speed after a couple thousand miles!! :nervous: :p
No doubt they are fast sleds, but I would have to see it to believe it due to the source as HP mentioned...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ahh SLED-HEAD...the truth comes out...and sometimes the truth hurts.

"Whatever...." how about the truth, not whatever. :cussing:

Trev, isn't this a neverending story! Geeze!

·
Registered
209 Posts
So I guess with 2000 mi on one it shold be running 120-125 mph in the 1000ft and racing in the open mod class. I cant wait for some snow so all of the B.S. can stop. Please its only a 700 twin.

Duane :p

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Black Magic home of the most worthless clutch kit and silencer- the heart throb,he-he-he. I personally know of more dissatisfied die hard Cat owners then satisfied. They probably put a 100 lb. person and drained 90 % of gas to increase speeds. The miles had only a small help to it. At the half mile which is 2680 ft. only 5-7 miles per hour more? That is almost 3 times the 1000 ft. run It should be hitting 125mph if it is the fastest as Cat is claiming. :doh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Team arctic if maybe you sold some of you sleds and didnt get the zrt6 you could get an F7

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just writing in from Timmins ont to back up the stories about the F7 No mxz 800 will even think of running with an F7. The only problem with the F7 is you can't a motor in them. Blew my motor twice in 200 miles no bull. Dealer gave me a chance for a 9. pick it up tomorrow.
Just like to share two of my buddies own brand new 900. The F7 will beat the 900 for 1500 ft after that the 900 midrange kicks in and he will gain five lenghts but top end so far on snow the both ran the same stock 112mph on radar. Speeds may look real slow but the next closest was the rx1 at 107-109

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I do not think midrange comes on at 1500 ft. Your clutches and motor are way past that. The 900 has more top end. I have never even been to a drag or radar race that is 15oo ft. Usually it's all over before that. I almost bet noone actually measured this distance of 1500, probably guess by odometer or some other reference.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Does anyone who owns aF-7 know the word "break in time" not trying
to be first to break it!!Be kind early it seems to add many miles later.
Just my .02 worth........100 + mph in the first 100miles sounds like guy`s
i know .Now a year old the motors need rebuilds.................

Cape Brteon Stock..............................

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Exactly put. The belts, engines and tracks need to be babied a tad bit. S.west Minnesota stock, LOL. :hallo1:

·
Registered
546 Posts
perhaps arctic cat needs another lesson from ski-doo. ie the break in chip skidoo uses to stop them from hammering on it with little run time on them.
it is a good idea if you want to keep the engines from burning down prematurely

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well put Ski-dood,cause that would be the smart thing , then for cat to do.
But instead they would rather contuine to cover this crap from misuse
and abuse.Then blame it on the machine by owners who do this.
Cape Breton stock........... not to upset you guy`s but40 miles away
there is over 4feet of white gold and it`s still
falling down in the highlands of Cape Breton
There been a blizzard warning for the past 24 hrs
and contined for a day.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am a ski-doo guy, but i have to give the F7 its due credit. It is FAST. I rode one last friday. In fact (and you can tell me I'm full of it, but it's absolutely true), Goodwin Performance ran a clutched REV 800 vs. a clutched F7, and they were absolutely neck nad neck all the way down the track. Again, and again, no matter what the driver. As Greg Goodwin said, there was not more than 2 feet between them. My buddy's F7 ran 82mph in 500', and that with no studs and a 1.375" track. I saw the Stalker for myself.

Also, yes, the F7's do loosen up, as the day wore on, the times and speed got better. The bottom line is that they are fast. Just like the 800's made some major ponies, the 700 followed suit. Now, it is not the end all, be all machine, but if you want power in a 700 class sled, it is tough. As much as it pains me to say that (I have a MXZ700), they are fast. Soon, the real test will come: My clutched 700, his clutched F7, and my other buddy's clutched Viper. It should be fun...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jiddru, buddy thanks for the props on the F7. Yes, its going to be fun, by the way I did post on the ski-doo side regarding what you and I talked about. I really think its just going to be fun beating up on tree trimming ed's viper. Sorry, but I think that thing will still look sick between your 700 MXZ and My F7. Again, remind me but I have to order studs /wear bars from you ASAP.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts