Snowmobile World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in February, I'm loading the sled at the folks to take to the dealer for repairs. Three pickups towing trailers go by, heading south. The last one make a lot of racket, sort like it was bouncing on the springs but worse. They pull over and I see the guys walk into the convenience store (yes they do have them in the middle of nowhere Ontario) I walked up to the cab of the offending truck and told the driver's wife/girlfriend that there was something wrong with the trailer. On the first wheel I look at (the driver's side), you can see where the stud hole is starting to slot out. I guess it was the wheel wobbling that was making the noise.

By the look of the hub, no dust cap, it must have been from the rear axle of a FWD car. I didn't recognize the rim (it wasn't from a GM FWD car). The rim had very narrow slots radiating from the centre un like the lightening holes in a GM rim. Also, the wheel nuts were those long chrome ones. Is there a reason for the nuts to be so long?

I talked to the driver when he came out and I think they were just going to tighten up the nuts and head out. Hope he wasn't going to be heading down the 115. If he did, he must have made it, because the trailer wasn't on the side of the road when I went home the next day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts