Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Yamaha has come out with the RX-1 do you think that Honda will enter the snowmobile market with there own 4 stroke sled. Let hear from you.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I would be surprised if we don't see one in the next couple of years.

I hope so, the more competition the better.  It keeps everyone on their toes, and cost competitive.  (well sort of cost competitive)

FishHog

·
Registered
138 Posts
I heard elsewhere that Honda is telling their dealers they will have to be Honda only

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I think that honda should stick to making civic SI's and Accords. Entry level companies are a tough sell, I think that any money that can be made in this business is already being taken by the top 4

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Entry Level?  If Honda entered the mix they would be a major player. Don't kid yourself, they wouldn't do something like that unless they knew they would take a big bite out of everyones market share.  For the smaller two, Polaris and AC, I'm sure they want Honda to stay out.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Ever hear of a bad honda product ? They have good  ATV's, Bike's, Car's Lawnmower's and even there generators kick some butt so just imagine if they ever do come up with a sled !  

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I had bad luck with a honda outboard motor and a lawnmower.  

And to top it of the customer Service was Crap.  

Im sure they will have a good sled but honda just isnt my style.  Its a little to greenish for me.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My Doo dealer sells Honda ATVs and bikes. I was not in the market for one,but he told me that the engines are virtually flawless.And the tech support is better than the Bombardier support.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
All I can say is if they would drop that 1200cc 4Cyl. Turbo (170+ HP) jet ski engine into a sled it sure would be interesting!! Honda just got into the jet ski market and have a great ski, 1st time out. They build great engines with allot of power and are dependable. Ask anyone who knows anything about the 250R quads and trikes, they flat out flew!!

my family has bought nothing but Honda for years, including a 87 Foreman 4x4, a 87 Honda 21" lawnmower, a Gold Wing, and a 85 Shadow 1100. We have had nothing but fabulous results. Couldn't tell ya about cust. service, we have never had to take anything back. I even plan on buying a VTX1800 next spring.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I was at Planet Honda/metro Powersports today. They said that Honda has made mention tat they have a suprise for the 2004 model year but didn't say what!
 I truelly think they will come into the market with a a cruiser and a perf. sled. They have the motors as we all know. I was checking out the 1200 turbo pwc while there. It is small and could easily be put into a sled. I didn't know that it already had 170 hp. I think that it would be a light weight sled that could have a small motor and an open class motor. I don't think they are happy with the way Yam has been beating them up with there BIG outboard,the Grizzly,R6, and and especially with the R-1. Now they have another hot product. i also think that they could buy out Redline possibly also but I doubt that would happen.
Caleb

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm sure they will hop into the market at some point.

And how is yamaha "beating up" honda when honda sells more bikes than any other sportbike company.?

·
Registered
310 Posts
id would never own any yamaha product.  maybe a bike or outboard.  but still i wouldnt take them as my first choice.  i would take a honda product over yamaha.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I am slightly miss quoted. I checked the Honda web sight and the AquaTrax 12X is 165hp according to the web sight.

I do not know much about the 4 stroke market, but if it was my $ I would get the Honda. Had bad luck with a Yamaha warrior several years ago and have never gone back. The R6 is a great package, but the 600F4i doesn't give up anything to it. THe Grizzly is nice, but after owning Foreman that is 16 years old a still mechanicly perfect, I do not see what they lack. The styling is old, but functional. The R1 is a great open bike, and I have ridden one. This is a segment that Yamaha has nailed down, but Honda has Focused on the 954 rather than annything 1 liter or bigger. The 954 handles just as good, just gives up some displacement.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I used to sell Honda Power Products in the wild west coast market...let me state, in my opinion, their products are as close to flawless as anything thing I have ever sold and this was in the early to mid 80's.  Any market they decide to jump into, the other competitors will feel it.  I just wonder what color they would choose in the sled market to be their identifier?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I got this off an auto website, but who knows???  Probably just car stuff. Where do they build thier bikes and quads?
Just to add a little more to the fire....
btw,this was edited for content... I didn't ADD anything.

Honda plans to expand its production in base in North America over the next two years, but company officials stressed the impending expansion doesn't mean the Japanese automaker is getting into the pickup truck business.

The automaker plans to double the size of its new assembly plant in Lincoln, Ala., boosting its potential production capacity...
The new plant will have a lot of flexibility, meaning it will be able to build a number of different models, Elliot added. "It will not have the capability to build a cab and chassis-type of vehicle," he noted.

Elliott and the other Honda executives who participated in the conference call in which the company outlined its expansion plans declined to say what vehicle or vehicles eventually be built in the second production unit at Lincoln.

?_?_?_?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts