Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I don't like the '98 decal scheme so this summer I was gonna buy some hood decals from a newer mach Z (haven't decided which ones yet).

Do you guys have any idea how much the cost, and where the best place is to get them?  I checked the microfishce at ronnies.com and it would be about $400 smackers....yikes, thought it would be a little cheaper than that.  I was thinking that maybe if I bought them in Canada I could get a better deal.

Also, depending on what stickers I go for I may have some spots on the hood that were once covered up with the old stickers, but won't be any more.  Do you think it will be very noticable?  My sled is in really good shape and it still has it's gloss on the hood so I'm just wondering.

Thanks fro the help.

-Josh

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yea, it's amazing how expensive those are. I was looking for a 2002 or 2003 hood set for my Mach Z, but also got to hear I'd have to pay at least $300 for a complete new set.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Find someone locally that does signs, there is a guy near me that does all his on computer and can copy or custom make any decal for a fraction of the cost, most all people in the sign business do it this way now.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yea, that's a nice option.. A friend of mine can do that too at work, but he's the slowest person ever

<me> can you make me some nice stuff for on my hood? like something with flames or something?
<him> yea, sure! but it doesn't have to be done until next season, right?

in other words, forget it I'm too lazy

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thats too bad, because someone with the right equipment could make you set of decals like no one else, thats what I'm going to do if I ever have to redo my hood for some reason.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i'm no expert but it would seems vinyl cutting machines are limited to the vinyl stock they have.  the one we have have at work has lots of solid colors but i have not seen any multi-colored vinyl.  the software also came with preloaded logos, the only sled logo we have was YAMAHA.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Auto Graphics in Peterborough, Ontario can do fades & multicoloured numbers etc. My sister in law had numbers that went from one colour at the top, to a completely different one at the bottom of the number. When I wanted a different coloured Z 71 (as in zed) decal for my 94 K1500, I just took them one of the OEM decals & they traced it.

I don't know if they could do flames or what. Just phone around to any of your local sign shops.

Diamond Signs in Whitby did some bumper stickers for me & their "ski-doo" logo is spot on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
the guy (sorry forgot the handle)who put up the site with all the links led me to this site www.lettertech.com they have cool matching helmet graphics maybe they can doo more.  jeff in nh

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just for the fun of it, here's 2 pics of my imported monster..

First one is from when I just bought it, with what I think is the original (and UGLY!) '93 hood set (which also say Rotax 780 instead of the '00 800 triple that's in it now)

·
Registered
360 Posts
And here's one without any decals whatsoever. I personally think it looks #### good, and I'm thinking of just keeping it like this (I'll put back the repainted inlet thingies of course)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts