Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do the OEs use to paint their hoods? What kind of paint won't crack from the vibration and cold?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I don't think it's the paint so much as the material they are painting.  Ask MXZWFO he is a dealer and can tell you why.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm...maybe that's why my paint is making spiderwebs...I noticed that my hood is not the thin flexible Doo hood...it is thicker...a jobber hood I guess (I bought the sled used)

Where is that guy anyway?

Last edited by Rocketman at Mar. 30, 2002, 5:42pm

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rocketman,
it looks like they use PPG paint. I have the paint codes for the older DOO's up to '95. This probably isn't much help!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Rocketman~ I noticed this summer my hood was starting to get spider webs.  I thought it was just because of the sun!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am guessing it is a regular automotive type paint with a flex additive in it.(especailly on rocketmans doo with the so called flexible hood)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Rocketman, you will ned to add a flex additive to the paint, like they use on cars with the flexible bumpers. If you need the paint code for you sled, send me an email with the year and the model you want. Doo has 3 different codes for yellow. I have codes for B.A.S.F. and PPG.

Brian
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts