Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone plan on going to Horseshoe this weekend? I'm going up there on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for you Kris.
I'm heading up with the World Famous Paul Yarek and my Son.
Should be a hoot. LOL

Mike, if you're reading this, I'll see you there.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
going to be nice out sunday,we have been thinking of rolling over to check out the new doos. And it would be good to see you guys again if we chance upon it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
That would be nice to find you and Karen as well Frank.
We'll be on the look out for you two as well.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A nice sunny day for the end of the season.

Iain Hayden on a 'doo won both the Pro Super Stock & Open classes. I the Open class he spent the 1st half of the race in 2nd behind Steve Taylor on the Yamaha USA sled. Around the halfway point he passed Steve & took the win. Steve Martin on the other Yamaha was running around 4th or 5th but had a "off" & was a DNF.

Mike Van Dolder won the Open class season series.

Angela Vachino won the Pro Women race & season series (Stacy Orr won the series last season).

Spent most of the day w/ Jeff (Trailblazer) & Paul (Yarek) & their sons. Frank & Karen (sawman & Tempest) made it over to Horseshoe as well.

I hadn't seen the folks in a couple of seasons, so it was a good day all in all.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It was a "Great day for motorsport racing." (must be read with your best Jackie Stewart accent)
And also a great day for a SW mini-reunion.
Great seeing Kris, Karen and Frank, Paul and his son, as well.
Thanks again for driving Paul.
The races were great. Very exciting. That's an awesome track layout they have at Horseshoe.

I've posted pics on another site as it's to frustrating to do so here.

Here's a link to a couple of dozen pics from the 368 I took. LOL
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=334666&pid=3882357&st=15&#entry3882357

Jeff

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will we have to look out for a silver GTX on the railbed next winter?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Bought a car today so it won't be till 2010. Our suzki was looking at a couple grand to bring it up to snuff @ 370000 KM. You have to draw the line somewhere
this car owed us nothing brake pads once a year replaced shoes once altinator and an oxygen sensor Did the timing belt at 200000 so its due now.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Bought a car today so it won't be till 2010. Our suzki was looking at a couple grand to bring it up to snuff @ 370000 KM. You have to draw the line somewhere
this car owed us nothing brake pads once a year replaced shoes once altinator and an oxygen sensor Did the timing belt at 200000 so its due now.
Which model of Suzuki was that Frank?
Just curious if it was the Swift or the Vitara and later the Grand Vitara as we built those 3 models at our plant in Ingersoll for them.

Thanks Paul. The shrunk down version don't do the pics justice as much of the clarity and vibrance is gone. Unfortunately, I didn't think to have a group pic taken of us all. Oh well, next year.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I thought your pictures were really good Jeff. The car was a Susuki Esteem.(2001)

It was a good comuter.

Bought an 04 Corolla with 62000 on it. Hopeing I get to retirement with this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great Race!

Loved the duel between Hayden and the Yamaha in the open final. Man, those Yamis get up that hill don't they?

Hayden found a special line over the "up hill" jumps and was able to keep up more speed. I guess that's what makes him world class!

Got a chance to try the 09 Yamaha lineup (or two of them anyways) and liked the Nytro by didn't really enjoy the Phazer. It's like a slow four wheeler... Found both to feel heavier though.

I have to say I got a little annoyed at the guy who was cursing the Bombardier people for not having open spots for their testers. He kept complaining that he was going to sell 10 Ski-Doos that he owns and by Yamaha's because they let him ride. Then he called all his friends on his cell phone to tell them the same story. It got old. :cussing:

Other than that, all in all, a great day.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Great Race!
I have to say I got a little annoyed at the guy who was cursing the Bombardier people for not having open spots for their testers. He kept complaining that he was going to sell 10 Ski-Doos that he owns and by Yamaha's because they let him ride. Then he called all his friends on his cell phone to tell them the same story. It got old.
i like those type of people. they always get up late on the wrong side of the bed then yell and scream at anyone that is within their home as they are knocking things flying while they are on their way out the door. even the dog gets a going over. then they start up the 4000 pound telephone booth and speed up to the street. at the first stop that person is cursing the block parent for holding up traffic while the school kids cross, then screech the tires to the next stop. along the way everyone doing 10 over is a sunday driver and when they get to their destination late it is everybody elses fault.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts