Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get nice secure hose clamps for 1/4 non-reinforced hose . I do not want the moose kind in dennis kirk, or the type at farm and fleet that tighten up with a nut.....I want the kind that usually come standard on sleds and lawnmowers.

My local dealers don't carry them.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Try a plumbing supply store or Home Depot. Are there any national parts chains in your area?

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Have you checked out a local marina? Usually that stuff is stainless as well.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Oetiker makes spring clamps that do not rely on a nut. I am curious on why you would want to change? The skidoo ZX chassis's all came with Oetiker clamps which leaked at the Coolant T behind the muffler. The first thing I would do when we got a new ZX is to throw away the Oetikers and replace with a quality clamp that incorporates a nut to tighten. Never had a leaking problem again. I applied this patch to many zx's not sure bout cat's but cant see it being any different.

There is my .03 cents :)

Permafrost

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like the other type because of space. My fuel pump has 2 outlets that are so close, there really isn't enough room for the nut/screw type.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
GM has used those in the past. Try a GM dealer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
TSC, Farm and Home , Big R, surely you have some of those close by. Any store that has a decent supply of lawn mower/garden tractor parts should have them. You may get lucky, and find the clamps by themselves, or you may have to spend $3-$5 and get a fuel cut off switch ( a lot of sleds use the same black with red knob cut off as mowers use) or a fuel filter with the clamps in the pkg.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Just use a zip tie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts