1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
what do heated carbs do??

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hard starting with the heated carbs on, that may explain somethings. My sled started like crap last winter. I usually turned them on when it got down around 20 degrees or so, once I had them on I usually failed to shut them off when it was warmer out though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Idooski, thanks for the tip. If I am remember correctly you have a 800. If so, does yours over heat easily? Even in the best snow conditions my idiot light comes on if I sit and idle for more than a few minutes.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Our idiot lights never came on once last year on any of the 02 800 gades,02 800 adrenilin or the 02 mxz700. We doo dip alot though. We were told not to use the heated carbs unless it is extremly cold with powdery light snow. We just give it 1/4 throttle when starting and no problem, it always starts.

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I doo have an 800 and I have never had the light come on. I doo like permafrost says and dip a lot though. I have let it set there and idle for long periods too and have never had the light come on.

Permafrost...That handle come from the tundra or the drink? ;) Just curious. :p

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Idooski the name is from the tundra. I've never heard of the drink what is it?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
When we dip we are going off trail for slider lube. It is needed sometimes with a 1.25". Extends slider life. Sometimes we only dip for a second or two. But mostly we dip all day long.

·
Registered
49 Posts
twotone800x,

If you are having abnormal overheating I would run your sled by the dealer for a leak down test. You could have a base gasket leak. If you have an '01 that was updated with the piston and cooling kit this may be a problem with yours. Doo is recommending gel seal on the base gaskets now when for years they were installed dry from the factory.

SummitAK

·
Registered
115 Posts
:p Cold cold nights ( or days )with the lightest of snow, i think thats when they got to go on. My buddy has them and swears by them, i have yet to have a problem with my machine even in -20

·
Registered
328 Posts
my sled is a 02, but it has had an overheating problem since day one. Its fine when you stay moving but I can't let it idle long. I will talk to my dealer and see what he has to say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts