Snowmobile World banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I signed up a few weeks back to hear early but heard anything. Good thing all you guys are up on whats happening at Cat.

·
Registered
300 Posts
No more 500 + 600's?  Alot of people just don't want sleds any bigger or as powerful as 600+.  The people on sites like this are real sled heads, but we represent the minority.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Better yet we should just take over AC. Friday would be race day instead of work day, and lunch time we would ride to a local bar on all the demo machines.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
POWDERBOY for PRESIDENT!!!!  I can see the headlines now

Snowmobileworld Forum User becomes CEO and chairman of the board of Arctic-Cat Enterprises, Inc.  Commensurate with this title comes a $750,000 salary, a new snowmobile every year and a new ATV every year..... plus all the generators he needs!!! LOL

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
First thing on the agenda. Arctic Cat Firelimo. Twin track 400 horsepower 2500cc twin. I'm talking about a mini-fridge and TV. Everyone invited to stay at AC headquarters for a ride all day and rink all night week LOL

·
Registered
416 Posts
I agree with steveCZ. I want to work for you powderboy. I could get used to that lifestyle

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm still waiting for the hottest thing on snow......I cannot believe that they think the firecat is the hottest thing on snow. It looks like a real awesome machine and everything but the hottest thing on snow?

I dont think so. How about a high performance 4-stroke A/C?
How about some NEW technology? The EFI should have been a direct injection engine atleast.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree with hpzrt600, nice to have but big deal, the market is leaning towards 4 strokes or at least cleaner running 2 strokes.  Not because we want to, just because we have to.

hey paul i think this was added for you

(lol)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Are you guys serious about cat not having a 500 or 600.  I though that those were the most popular ones.  

They got rid of the T-Cat and replaced it with a 900 twin which I dont think compairs.  Espesially since its only 863cc thats a pretty big stretch.

Now the got rid of the 500 and 600 and only have a 700 FC.  I still dont like the looks but i love the numbers.  

All i can say is that cat still must have somthing up there sleves.  They abandoned to much of the market.  They would never do that.  The got rid of the triple market and now they killed the 500 and 600 smaller cc market.  Come On

I dont think we saw everything from cat yet.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mach, the 500 is available in the new firecat f5, and the 600's are availalble in the ZL line, but they are missing a hi perfomance chassis with a 600 motor.  They'll make it up somewhere.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've got to agree with you on this one HPZRT600. the Firecats hardly qualify as the hottest thing on snow. I think AC was cought asleep at the switch on this one. Whoever came up with this sloggan should have changed it following the RX1 unveiling cause that's what the hottest thing on snow is so far and by a long shot!

On top of this I finally got my EARLY??? notice at 8pm eastern Friday by email. The site was up at about 1pm.

Then to finish it off, no more tripples...

Need I say more?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did see it frist hand, this past Saturday at Parry Sound radar runs a ZR900 was running slower than an MXZ800. It also ran slower than a ZR800. Everyone was talking about it. Couldn't get any explanation. Apparently the thing weighs 500lbs dry, add that to vibration and not having a decal that says "1000", I'd stick with Mr. T.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yep, I'm sad as well....I wanted to buy a new sled this year or the next and now I will most likely stray to another brand. I have been faithful to Arctic for years now and this is how they thank their customers?

They should atleast offer a triple or triples at snowcheck time just to satisfy people like me and everyone else who prefer triples. Bad move for them not to.

All I have to say is that they better be working their asses off on a 4-stroke like Yamaha's RX1 in one of their current chassis or they will be where Yamaha was a few years back. I have said this before-they all have to meet an emissions standard by 06 like the outboard manufacturers do and from what they have given us, they are going to be behind the game by that time. They should have scraped another 2-stroke project and went for the future-4-stroke.

I know, I know, somebody on here will say they already have a 4-stroke....well, 90+% of us on here will only buy a 4-stroke like the RX1, not the current 4-stroke they already have. Most of us demand performance and want performance, not a slow sled.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Tell me you guys are joking!!  You can't honestly think that Cat has missed the boat!  I agree it's sad to see the triples go.  But the Firecats ARE the hottest thing on snow!  They are unbelieveably light & incredibly powerful.  The F7 is up around 138 hp at 435 pounds.  My ZRT is 150hp @ 600 pounds.  The Firecats are absolute weapons!  Light weight & incredibly powerful!  I realize they aren't meant for everyone.  These are designed for a specific rider in mind.  But they are the hottest thing on snow!  The RX1 is nice & a huge step in the 4 stroke direction.  Which is great for all of snowmobiling.  But it's nothing compared to the Firecats.  This is a wild time for snowmobiling.  You've got the REV, RX1 & the Firecats.  We've entered a new realm in this sport!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I think your wrong.  The firecat may be light and powerfull but it wont win a drag race against a rx1 and that chassie loses most of the time to the REV in snowcross.  

How does that justify hottest thing on the snow.  Im honest opinion is that cat wanted to pull the plug on the t-cat and did a half a$$ job of making a replacement.  

For you twin guys the firecat is probably just what you want.  It probably doesnt matter to you if its a ZR 700 or a F7 but to T-Cat or just triple riders Light weight and ability to fly isnt what we look for in a machine.  

Even as a doo rider i am disapointed in cat.  Pretty soon all drag racing will be twin cylinders snowcross sleds.  Its like taking the rail cars out of top fuel drag racing and putting mini vans in there place.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts