Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure you like snowmobiling....but we want to know "how bad do you have it?"

Do you turn your air conditioner all the way down so you can sit in your new jacket and bibs?

I got it bad, real bad, let's hear guys!

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
We have it so bad that is all we talk about. Not 1 day goes by that we arent telling sled stories or planning trips for next season. We are looking into renting a house for the winter in cochrane.There has even been talk around the kitchen table of grass dragging down the road from here and water skipping at Chandos lake.Every day I wear something with ski-doo on it. At work I have sled pics of me and permafrost on the fridge so when it is 120 in the bakery I have my moment of zen right there.I am wriggling with anticipation for upcoming sled season.Work is secondary in the winter sledding comes first.

If the snow doesnt come to you....GO FIND IT!!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
lol. yup believe me lady and permafrost are tru sled heads.. i know i ment them but i am the same way...lol im getting ready to race asphalt this weakend .. i run my sled all year long.  went i went ridding with lady and prema, my buddy said i think these people are just as bent as i am............loli never get tired of sleds,sleds storie,sled racing.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
There is nothing wrong with shinning your sled every day, comming on SW to see new sled stories or just to talk about sleds cause everyone around you thinks your a freak cause you hope its gonna snow in june
 Putting on your helmet and sitting on your sled making vrommm vrommm sounds with your mouth... Yep, i think i have it bad  

·
Registered
959 Posts
yeah i got it bad too... just yesterday i went out to the shed and i had to "check" on the sled  make sure it was still there and clean off the little bit of dust hehe then i sat there for a while thinkin about next years ride already  we all must have sum life huh hehe

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Working on the motel list for sledders  
Places must think I'm nuts asking about trail access & trailer parking in June

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I am always shining it, soon the paint will be rubbed off.  I started it up the other day just to rev it and listen to the exaust note and i almost gassed myself, my buddy down the road could see the smoke coming out the door and hear it running.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm a lot on the net trying to find new add ons I can put on my sled. I 'm on this site at least 5 times a day and as most of you, I repeatadly shine my sled when I go to the cottage. I also spent a day with my brother at the dealership looking thru microfiche and parts just for fun. My brother has it bad too, he even ordered and received his REV tarp last week, it's apparently the first one to be available to customers.

A

·
0 Posts
I have it bad but probably not as bad as some.  I have a bunch of pics on the wall in my office and a million pics in my computer that I change often as the desktop theme.  I have my sled at my cabin but I keep a spare hood in my garage down here just to remember how it looks in person.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have it bad. I let my buddy have my trailer in the off season.He puts his 2 sleds on it and it is stored in a barn ten miles away. I must have my sleds at home.It just would not feel right if they were not at home and I couldn't see them whenever I wanted to. The guys at work think I am nuts cause I talk about snowmobiling all the time,even in the summer. Just a couple weeks ago we went to the dealer to shoot the breeze. I bought new carbides and put them on the 700 already.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I have it so bad that:

I can't remember not having it

I had to build (3 years, still workin on it&#33
a second home in snow country so I wouldn't  have exotic motel bills as an excuse not to go.

A lot of my friends have decided to give up on "normal" lives and have joined me.

My wife decided she would rather be somewhere else (poor bas##rd)

I find it difficult to sell a sled, unless it's to a friend. I would rather keep it for a spare to lure another friend into the sport!

There's more but....
Was that a snowflake?
AL

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I have it so bad that each of the 10 to 30 times a day that I check in on the site , if there are no new posts my heart drops. Is there an 800# I can call for help? And not the catolog company's number you guys and (gals
).
Caleb

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
How bad do I have it??

People that come over to my house put on jackets. (no kidding)

I sent in for Ski-doo literature in the hopes of getting power specs for the V1000 4 stroke engine to compare to the Yamaha claims. (didn't have any
)

I'm in here at least 4 or 5 times a night while at work. (too busy with home projects at home).

I found myself looking for pictures of snowstorms the other night (where I found the live webcam in MT of the blizzard).

My co-workers think that I'm certifiably insane.  

I'm already trying to figure out how I can afford another  winter trip to YNP next February.

I'm living on a shoestring budget so that I can pay off bills early and buy a new sled (and replace the Saturn).

I even eyeballed an old new stock rotary engine on Ebay with the thoughts of plunking in the JD chassis.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
sled Dogg, I think I'm suffering the same illness as you
 Is there a support group we can see?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Now why would you want to see a support group?  I kinda LIKE this addiction.  

Besides, normal sucks!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Like a co-worker used to say, "There is no gravity, the earth sucks!"

·
Registered
54 Posts
How about offering to mow the neighbors yard just so you can get a better smell of his two stroke lawnboy?  

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ohhhhh man,

Don't even get me started on this one!

I'd say I've got it worse than ALL of you!

I'm currently working on my project sled EVERY night!  It's awesome...and you get great deals on all your parts because it's the off-season!

Can't wait until the Fall!!!

-Rob

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I have something else that I need to add to my list posted a cople of days ago.  I found myself pricing land in Montana.  The land that I looked at - only accessable by snowmobile in winter!!!  

1 - 20 of 35 Posts