Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just getting back into the sport, and bought a 1995 Polaris 600 XCR triple. The idle speed seems way high, and I would like to know the proper way to adjust it, as I dont see the idle screw. Thanks in advance

:christmas:

·
Registered
108 Posts
You should beable to see the idle adjustment screw between the carbs and airbox. It should be in the center of the 3 carbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should beable to see the idle adjustment screw between the carbs and airbox. It should be in the center of the 3 carbs.[/b]
Ok, I will take a look there and see if I can find it. The funny thing is that when you initially start the sled, the idle seems fine, but after it warms up real good, the idle seems to just get very high. Any idea why it may be doing that?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Playing with the idle adjustment is not going to fix that. I'd clean up the carbs, have them synched when you reinstall. Check all the carb boots for cracks. And check the adjustment on your air screws.
It's a little tougher on a triple, because an adjustment you make on one carb will be noticeable, but you have to make similar adjustments to all three carbs, so it takes alot more playing around, especially while you're getting used to it.

That's a great sled though. On my all-time top-5 list for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts