Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how i can get some performance out of a 92 ext carb 550 i had a clutch on there but i sold it and its all stock now and last year i got dusted by a zrt i know that i dont have a chance against it but i just want to be able to keep up a little better ot get a higher topend or better accel.. anything!!!

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I dont think your going to be able to keep up with the big triples in the top end period. I mean you could go extreme. Throw some flat slide carbs in a new clutch kit and a pipe. Thats a starter. You could tweak it up a little but in short i dont think your going to see the gap closing enough to brag about... just my 2 cents

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Team_Arctic@Oct 6 2002, 07:33 PM
anyone know how i can get some performance out of a 92 ext carb 550
Team Arctic, you are never going to pull enough hp out of that motor to be happy. Best bet is to sell it and buy another. That motor didn't have squat for hp.<---sorry bout that. ???

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I thought you were getting a zrt and selling your ext.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i got a d&d can for it and a bunch of clutch parts, that was my ol sled before i upgraded to a zert 600

·
2,267 Posts
Yeah the other solution is too uprade (to a CAT of course)... that is if you want Machzzzz eating your snow lol... Good clean fun :doh:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know i cant close the gap i was just hopin to get a few more ponys or get a little more snap..

--katmanzrt600 how much you want for those parts?

zr500 i was gonna get a zrt6 but i got a really nice truck instead so i wont have the money till next year :( then ill either have a zrt or a zr 600 something nice anyway and yes CAT all the way sry machzzzz1
but i think the address you were looking for was www.arcticcat.com :D

·
2,267 Posts
If your going to get something else next year my suggestion would be to live this one out with out all the costly extras. You wont get it back when its time to sell the sled. A clutch is the minimum i would do just to give you a little more umph. Save your $$ for next year and you wont regret the amount of options you'll have

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had 92 that worked well in its time .I had trail porting in Ont . done i think by company called Hickersons years ago .I ran a p.s.i. single into a fartory can,at that time i ran black magic cluthing (because didn`t know any better)dropped the gaering down because of dragging the sled ,and added a inch track.One big change was freeing up the sled itself as it was binding,after trueing up the axle ,shimimg the lower gear and playing with the suspion and last was purshase of good set of plastic ski`s.If you are welling to spend that kind of time and energy on the sled it well work but still will be behind the newer iron.P.s. i had the carb`s bored also.I ran the sled in the stock classes and it did win.more than it far share.Down here it called Cape Breton stock............................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts