• Fuel Oil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We Have been using the outdoor woodstove with Electric furnace as back up..

But I do have to say....... I sure do miss our indoor woodstove

Rick

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Pellet stove Primarily. If it gets really cold, each room in the house has electric base board heaters that we can turn on. If it gets cold, we turn the dining room on and possibly our bedroom. Really like the pellets, not nearly as much work as wood, very effecient, price, well it keeps going up every year. Do miss the smell of the wood burner in the house though.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Natural Gas for us.....No Mess, No Fuss, Just a nice bill every month :bash:

Snow4

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have an indoor wood stove. Heats real nice. I get atleast 2 benifits out of it. I get a real good workout in the fall when I cut my wood so I'll be in good shape for the sledding season. Plus I don't use a crap load of Propane. I would love to have an outdoor burner though. Maybe in the future. The only bad thing that I don't like about my indoor stove is that my homeowners insurance is alittle higher.

·
Administrator_X
5,122 Posts
At the cabin it's strictly a woodstove.

At home here we use a pellet burner in conjunction with a natural gas boiler and hot water baseboard heat.

At the new house we're moving to, it will be pellets and natural gas forced air. Thinking seriously about a bio-fuel outdoor burner for the near future.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Inside woodstove. Theres nothing like the comfort of wood heat and its a heck of a lot cheaper than running the natural gas furnace.
[/b]
Ditto here except the other option is baseboard electric :bash:

·
Registered
338 Posts
we use natural gas, it get very cold here about 35 below some nights.. the bill is never to bad, but we are looking at putting a wood stove downstairs..

·
Registered
958 Posts

Snow4
[/b]
:withstupid: But I also have a fireplace in the livingroom which we use on a regular basis when its cold. but it burn soooo much wood. I usually run out of wood in earlier January....g :cussing:

·
Registered
526 Posts
:withstupid: But I also have a fireplace in the livingroom which we use on a regular basis when its cold. but it burn soooo much wood. I usually run out of wood in earlier January....g :cussing:
[/b]
You need to get yourself a woodstove with a catalyst. They use a fraction of the wood that a fireplace uses and put out a lot more heat.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts

Snow4

[/b]
Let the Bills Begin as it's going down to 33 tonight..... :) I'm not complaining....I'm Not !

Snow4

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just got a CORN stove for my house down here, It should save me some $$ on my natural gas. At my cabin, I heat with propane when I am not there. When I am there I use wood. I have a stove and a fireplace there although I have only used the fireplace once in 7 years. I also have electric heat (baseboard) that was there when I bought the house. Kevin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts