Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm more into the backcountry exploring end up here in Alaska.  Usually to find that next "great" ice fishing hole!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Unfortunately, in Ontario, most of our fishing holes have trails leading to them, so I mostly trail ride.

FishHog

·
Registered
92 Posts
I usually ride ditches around here unless i can find a big ho0le out in a pasture somewhere then it's fun b/c it's all powder and you can tryu climb  outta them. But if i'm out on a trip i love to go climbing and boondockin in the powder. Nothin quite like that.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I doo all kinds of ridding but I would have to say backcountry exploring is my favorite. I usually do this in old lumber roads and encounter all conditions, powder, boondocking, trails and occasionaly highmarking.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well, we have no mountains iin Saskatchewan. Lots of ditches and fields to ride in and some trail riding. Also do a little lake racing as well.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few real boondockers! C'mon guys! Get off the sidewalk and see the world!

Boondocking - v. to snowmobile off the beaten path
                  - n. the true test of a snowmobiler's worth!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
lately I do most fo my riding on the couch as all (haha) snow has melted except for the very bottom of the ditches and if I was to go off trail at this time I would probly lose my sled in a mud field.
This sucks rocks where the f is the snow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like we are all after what most people are after....POWDER!  p.s., good definition of "Boondocking"!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Boondocking for me but I also like all the other choices.  I haven't really been highmarking 'cept for some steep hills around here and mine pits.  I love exploring the back country though!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like exploring and playing in the powder and hill climbing. Just to many people on the trails.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ride trails during the week, when the "week-enders" aren't around.  On the week-ends, the trails here are one big "cluster-f**k", so I ride the two tracks and sections of county roads that aren't plowed, the lakes and any other territory that is open to legal riding.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I like to stay on the trails just for the fact that if you hit something off the trail then you are F$%&ed. But if I know the area then I like to venture off trail and hit jumps and play in the powder.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Trail riding.  I love being on the organized trails planing trips and driving hard.  

I also lake race but not for the most part.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We used to trail ride, but for the last 8 or 9 years we have only lake raced.  The trails were always rough and their were jam packed.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
last time i was out riding was in west yellow stone.   trail riding,  and before that in mt. saint helens highmarking.  trying to get up there.   then in mn   about 20 miles before it all melted away.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I ride trails as that is all we have here.  I would love to get out into the mountains someday and will do so, but for now, i will enjoy the trails.

What we have for mountains around here, most of you call speed bumps!  

1 - 18 of 18 Posts