Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a hood shipped and UPS wents $50 extra for over size package. Has an one else shipped one? Could use some Ideas
or who to use as a shipper. An help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
fedex ground likes to bang the product around. fedex priority or economy costs more but better looked after.(economy is for in and out of the states to canada). but its your choice.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Very carefully. My brother got a hood from a guy up near Buffalo and it arrived badly damaged.
All the guy did was put a thin piece of foam in the box which didn't protect the hood at all. Do your buyer a favor and pack it tightly and heavily padded. :D

A

·
0 Posts
I had one shipped in from RV Sports in Minnesota and they sent it by truck for $90.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Believe it or not the best place i found was Greyhound bus. I do package shipping now along with bus rides. It cost me $35.00 to ship a hood from Northern MN to Norther Indiana. It was in perfect shape too. Just make sure the guy packages enought dunage within the box.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
take the time to build a crate around the hood--then put it on a skid.you might call "pak-mail"--they ship with abs motorfreight.i'm in the moving business and for the smaller stuff-i use them all the time.send me a p.m.-if you need a phone #. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts