Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 fan sno pro and the skis seem to be out of alignment. I hear they are never really right from the factory anyway. What are the steps to align them. Thanks in advance.

Joe

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I only know a portion of it off the top of my head, but you need to align your track first I believe and then run a long straight edge along the side of the track and up to the skis. Then make them equal through adjustment. I would look it up in my manual but I won't be back on line till monday and I don't have the manual with me. I'm sure somebody else will be able to help a little more.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lets pretend I dont have last months snowsports mag......... lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
:) , ok heres how i do it,first get track all lined up and adjusted,then get some kinda long stright edge, that'll run along your track and past the ski's, sit on sled put handle bars in the stright postion,then tie them down, i use 2 tie downs on each hand grip, tie to the back of the sled, then measure from stright edge to the wear rod on the ski, make both equal adjust ments, oh ya to adljust the ski's loosen up the tie rod ends, and turn them to where ever they need to be at, but keep lookin at handle bars and make sure they stay stright. hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The track needs to be aligned first. Start the sled spin the track shut the sled down but don't use the brake. Measure the distance from the rear idler wheel to the outside of the track, if there is a difference make the adjustments needed, the side with less track showing needs to be screwed in a little, repeat until equal. Then put a straight edge (straight 2x4) along the track that goes past the middle of the skis, mark spots 10" in front and in back of the spindle (or use the front and rear part of the ski saddle as marking points), measure from the inner part of the saddle to the 2x4 at the spots marked. If there is a difference make adjustments using the tierod (I think that what its called).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks zert. that sounds about the easiest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts