Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 AC fan sno pro. Skis look to be out of alignment. Any tips on how to adjust would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe.....

·
Registered
539 Posts
:hallo1: This is usually listed in your owners manual. I hope this helps.....If your snowmobile pulls in one direction, place the machine on a solid surface and face the handlebars straight ahead. Measure the distance between the skis at the front and at the rear. Check your owner's manual for proper ski alignemnt. Normally, the skis should toe out about 1/4 inch..

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm with boondock! However when I do it I like to put a bungy across the ski tips to take up any slack in tie rods and what nots (not to tight though) and leave an extra 1/8" instead of a 1/4". :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like the idea of the bungee across the ski tips. I also tie the handle bars back on each side with bungee straps. Hook an end on each handle bar end and run it around the back bumper. This way you can adjust the handle bar by sliding the strap at the back. I even use a tape measure to check the length from a reliable reference from the back of the sled to the handle bar.
Make sure your handlebars are flat. If one end of your bar is down, it can throw your measurements off. Another tip: loosen all your locking nuts on the adgustment points before you start. Nothing I hate more than getting the handle bars straight and have to start over because I have to crank the bars all the way left and right to loosen those lock-nuts :cussing:
I have a long square bar that I lay next to the track to use as a straight edge to align the skis to, but I've also used a saw cut in a concrete floor. Hope this helps you out

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for info. When my handle bars are straight, 1 ski faces in and the other faces out even more. So the trick is to make sure the bars are straight first, then loosen nuts and adjust accordingly? Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts