Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading up friday morning for a dayride on the hill..... I was just wondering what the trails are like and where I should start from. (coming from rochester)

I heard oswego got 3 feet yesterday!

Anyone chime in please? I wanna know

·
Registered
335 Posts
Try magnum's trail report for the hill and old forge at http://www.absolutesnowmobile.com/absolute...ug%20hill.html.. here's a blurb from his Monday Tug Hill report "Monday, 21 January 2008, at 2:19 a.m.
The temperature is approximately -4 F degrees. With the wind-chill, it feels like -24. Sunday started off cloudy, with scattered flurries. By the afternoon, a heavy lake effect storm rolled though the area, with approximately 8 to 12 inches of new snow and the temperature highs in the single digits. I was on my way to Redfield, when visibility went to zero"... Make your avatar do more and I'll fix that link.. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMFAO!!!! I had already posted the video from youtube on another thread, but shortly after the good people at youtube took it off because it was a bit too much for the kiddies. Sorry bro!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Seriously, check out absolute snowmobile.com... There are links to tug hill and old forge conditions, this guy gives the least biased trail reports I've seen... Don't know why the hyperlink doesn't work but just google it.... I know they've gotten a lot of snow lately but realize the big thaw wiped out EVERYTHING so the base may be poor...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW!!!!

friday we got up to boylston and dropped on C5A... SWEET riding through barnes and montague... got to timberview and things took a turn for the worst. We waited almost 2 hours for a burger (everyone was gone after the first hour, I think they had to go slaugter a cow to make it) then by the time we got food and ate, it was 2:30pm. Got back on the trail going toward brantingham..... 2 footers. Then we mostly ran out of snow there. trails were just dirt and snow. We made our way down to boonville and got there just in time for the fireworks after the race and parade. (snowfest) The black canal was nice and smooth. it was 10pm by the time we left there and rode down to forestport for the night. trails were freshly groomed...20".

In the morning we got back to boonville and ran into the crowds of people that were waiting for saturday. LINES of people down the trails up into c-ville. trails were steadly worst the further north into the hill we got. By the time we got back into tabolts corners it was mostly 3-5 foot mogels on C5. There was no hiding from it either. Everywhere people and everwhere... mogels.

We made it back into boylston with almost broken backs and legs that seemed to be moving like a wet noodles.

I will never go up to the hill on a weekend again!

Magnum says it the most people he's seen in a long time. I would have to agree. More sleds on the hill than fish in the sea....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts