Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many of you seen this show "How its Made" on The Discovery Channel. The episode i seen last night (may be a old one) was inside the Ski-doo factory where they went through step by step on how they assemble the newer snowmobile's. Pretty interesting to watch some of these components get snaped together no problem then think about how much time it takes us to work on them. Ive seen several episodes twice now so if you missed this one set up your DVR to record it the next time!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have seen that episode last year and it was interesting.

I really wish there was a program as to what it takes to get a snowmobile from initial concept to the showroom floor. That would help put an end to why a snowmobile can ahead of its time as a prototype but when it hits the showroom floor is almost a different sled with an extra 80lbs.

FYI:
Episode #3 "Echo" chainsaw assembly etc..
I am the engineer who designed and fabricated the robot endeffector (hand) automation you see inserting the metal parts in the mold and manipulating the finished part as it moves from the mold to the nipper station.
(I thought it was a nice little plug for employer and myself)

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
I saw that episode and love the show.

Richard

·
Registered
980 Posts
Ya, that episode is a few years old now. I try and watch that show whenever I can.
If it wasn't for Discovery, TLC, the Science Channel and Spike on the weekends, I wouldn't even turn the TV on.

Good stuff,

·
Registered
443 Posts
a few years? when i saw it they were putting together a 2007 mxz blizzard

·
Registered
980 Posts
a few years? when i saw it they were putting together a 2007 mxz blizzard[/b]
Just my best guess. Actually the show I have on Tevo shows the date of air 5/06, but they mix and match some of the content of those shows.

·
10,054 Posts
anyone have a copy of tape or dvd,,, I would love to watch it but I am still learning to use the 70 channels we have on the tv,,,, we went years with 20 and now there is so many freaking channels that I never know what to watch,,,, LOL Yeah I know, there are people out there with 100's of channels and I would spend too much time flipping to see if there is something better on to watch and never get ANYTHING watched,,,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts