Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
When I was shopping in 95 the III reported 127hp and the ZRT reported 125hp. M2C

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, ths, i was just surprise to see that its very close to my SRX hp Number, something like 138 hp

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I thought that the srx actually made like 145hp in the real world?
Caleb

·
Registered
211 Posts
HP numbers dont' change based on the type of terrain they run on! HP numbers would be different only with atmospheric changes (temp, barrometric pressure, altitude and humidity-most notably temperature). The colder the air temp, generally the more HP a motor will make (presumably if it is jetted accordingly) since you can get more oxygen (and fuel) into the combustion chamber. Obviously, most dynos are inside, not outside in 10 degree weather, so it should make more HP "on the snow" as you called it. Also, if the sled has a ram air system, it will make more HP when it is moving at higher speeds, again since you are getting more air to the motor.

Anyways, if you had asked a ski-doo sales rep about the FIII 600, he would have told you 127. The 600 (because of its triple pipes) made more HP than the FIII 700 with a single pipe (120hp). I have never seen a dyno report on one, but I could believe 123-125. They were fast in their day, but they weigh about 150 lbs too much by todays standards...

·
Registered
364 Posts
1999 mxz 600 ( out of box) 107.2 dynoed. So not sure on formulaIII.

Doesn't matter if you have 150 or 125 hp, the question is can you get it the the ground :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 2002 SRX700 last year (on a Doo this year) And my sled had a bender exhuast, it was like a 150hp, Not even comparible to a FIII in a million years. 110hp in the F111 sounds more resonable. I had no problem getting the Hp to the Ground cause I was using TS3 adgustable weight transfer rods...Grabbed hard..just my .02
Spanky

·
Registered
692 Posts
spanky
if the srx was the sh!t why on a DOO this year?
my 98 mach 1 spanks my brother in laws 99 srx! thats apple to apple!
your on a 700 i hope it beats a 600.
congrats on getting a real brand this year!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
1999 mxz 600 ( what I have) dynoed at 107hp STOCK.
with work i can get 120+ HP ( make sure it's to the ground though) :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by folgers@Oct 24 2002, 12:53 PM
spanky
if the srx was the sh!t why on a DOO this year?
my 98 mach 1 spanks my brother in laws 99 srx! thats apple to apple!
your on a 700 i hope it beats a 600.
congrats on getting a real brand this year!!!
I don't no were you live but here we've had next to Fuk all for snow....The SRX is a wicked trail machine when conditions are Ideal..Since conditions are no longer Ideal I do more Ditch banging and jumping and messing around then anything.....that meant the MXZX800 was the sled to have...Glad to be back with Bomb but Gotta give Credit were credit is do...the SRX is a force on the lake's and good trail's
Spanky

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
The FIII had 126-127 HP. It was the most powerful of the 600 extreme triple class.

I've been told that my new rocket also beat a few srx's...can't wait to find out :p (If I ever bump into an SRX... ??? )

·
Registered
171 Posts
the 95 dynoed at slightly over 127 hp although I am told that the 96 and later versions were around 124 hp. they were the most poweful of the baby triples though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts