Snowmobile World banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
282 miles ....after putting on 250 of them this past weekend. Did someone say it was February already ? Well it's time for a week off to go riding ....soon very soon.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Just cracked the 1200km mark for this year so far,it pails in comparison to the 2500 plus i'de has on already by this time last year.Guess i won't be trading this fall as expected,no use trading in a low mileage sled to buy another only to put low miles on again

Maybe if that friggin ground hog is wrong i'll be able to ride into april
I think paul yarek stated that the last time ontario had a winter like this he was able to ride into april.I guess i'm not old enough to remember that far back i guess

·
Registered
72 Posts
hey crk133 I'll bet if you asked paul he would start a poll to see if can gues how many miles you've got, & do you (or any one alse) not like that alaskanassasan!

·
Registered
416 Posts
All my snow melted for the second time this year. So I guess 565 miles is all it is gonna be. Makes me wanna cry, now I have to stay home on the weekends, poor me!
I f the ice would melt I coul;d slide the boat in for some fishin before the season ends. Sorry I was dreamin for a second there

·
Registered
578 Posts
About 150 kms on the sled, 800 in the truck.

3 rides, 1 near ride.

Near ride: I left work early, packed up to leave and went to load my sled. I had left the fuel on and the needle valve was stuck and filled the crankcase with fuel. To say the least it didn't go well when I went to light her up.

1st ride: My oldest sons sled started eating raw fuel, turned out to be loose needle valve seat which took 2.5 hrs to figure out and fix on the trail. Just in time to head back. 100kms.

2nd ride: 1.5 kms and I clipped a drian cover relocating my ski and trailing arm to the rear of the sled. 1 hr kicking and cursing to get it straight enough to ride back.

3rd ride 45 kms of a 400 km trip and my buddies chaincase exploded. We had to abandon his sled and go 2 up back and then I started having problems loosing power. We ended up on the side of the trail and my buddy was picked up by a friendly Yamaha driver so we could get back to our rig. Left at 3
0 PM, got back 2 AM.

We have had no good snow within 1 hr of home this year. Sucks trailering all that way to spend the night repairing by flashlight / moonlight or walking in the dark. Last year we had awsome snow and never had a hiccup, this year just plain sucks!

Are boats expensive?

Have a great day!

Scott

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you like throwing money in the water  and have a lot to throw away  get a boat.   as frustrating as it is you will find you actually spend less on snowmobiling than most other sports.
I never had a boat owner tell me they were cheap.  I
I have 285 miles this yr so far  cost me a set of skags and a drive belt,   I do think I put 600 miles on the suspention of the sled some of those miles were realy rough.

·
Registered
208 Posts
763 miles, I wish I had more.  but there is no snow here.  It finally snow last week enough to go sledding and not worry about rocks so bad.  Maybe tomorrow I will go for a good ride.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Got roughly 500 miles or so, but it's a combination fo 3 sleds.

81 Citation SS (kids sled) they have put on just under 250 miles

99 MXZ (kids also riding it) got just about the same just under 250

97 MXZx 440 racer (Me) just over 100 miles

This is all just riding around my area.  Had trips planned to the UP and Northern LP, but as of yet haven't went.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I am up to 14 miles now!!!  Yahoooooo

All miles on the ice while either racing or testing, none are trail miles and a couple miles worth were while on the stand.  What a pathetic season!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
well PH at least you have a reason for such low miles unlike myself I only got 210 or so.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts