Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering about you guys... How many miles have you put on this year?
.... I put on about 200miles it was a bad year for minnesota

·
Registered
222 Posts
I put on about 400 miles this year.  Half as much as usual.

·
Registered
918 Posts
1000. Put on 2000 last year and I didnt get my sled until January 1st!
             Ryan

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i put on about 8-900 miles this year.

phazerhater, what is global moderator ?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I put on 2150 miles, should have been closer to 3000.

·
Registered
203 Posts
600 and still counting, finally some good riding up here in AK.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
2000, all in northern lower Mich. Normal would have been closer to 4500-5000, my average. To get the 2000, it cost me a set of hyfax and 3 sets of 10" carbides. Under a little more normal conditions, I would measure hyfax and carbide wear in years. It was really irratating at first, but when I thought about it, these expenses were worth it when compared to the other choice - sitting there looking at what I have invested in the sport.

AL

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Paul, its just a moderator that can go anywhere in the forums.  That was what they were calling it before it went to Super Moderator and I've just been lazy and haven't changed it...

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I got just under 2000 miles on this year. Not bad considering the weather and my work load. I must admit that the conditions were marginal at best sometimes, but what are you going to do? Sit and watch a new sled collect dust? I DON"T THINK SO!!! I just have to replace my carbides and hyfax. No big deal. Hope for better next year. Or I'll just find more water...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Put on a little over 400 miles this year.  Wasn't very good.  We did alot of trailering just to find that much.

·
Registered
308 Posts
for me it was a good year I  rode 1100 miles  
 but the trailer went 1500 miles.  used more gas getting to snow than what I putin the sled  2 sets of carbides and more than normal wear on the slides   had a lot of fun  

·
Registered
360 Posts
I did around 30 miles

I just moved to the north of Sweden a couple of days ago, and here it's actually possible to ride sleds during the season (I lived 700 miles south of here before). I bought my Mach Z 800 the day after I arrived here even tho the season is like over already
Unfortunately there's no snow left right here, I have to go about 100/150 miles north, into the mountains for some snow.. those 30 miles were in the worst conditions ever, 10 minutes after I started my first ride, I got stuck in a lake with a mixture of piss and snow, up too over my knees in this yellowish water.. how fun
Anyway, it was fun after all, my friend (who is actually experienced) had been driving the worst parts (I didn't feel like doing waterskipping myself on my first ride) and I think we did about 6 miles of skipping in total.. Can't wait for next season when I will get a chance to drive on good snow also!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts