Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'll be purchasing studs for my new 2006 (0 miles) Crossfire 700 tomorrow at the Novi snow show. I always buy my studs there from Fastrac and save a bundle. How many studs are you guys putting in them and what size? I'm coming off of a 2002 ZL800EFI SS. I had 192 in that one and loved the way it hooked up. I know most of you don't put that many in them, but I liked it.
Any issues with studding outboard of the windows on this sled?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hi all. I'll be purchasing studs for my new 2006 (0 miles) Crossfire 700 tomorrow at the Novi snow show. I always buy my studs there from Fastrac and save a bundle. How many studs are you guys putting in them and what size? I'm coming off of a 2002 ZL800EFI SS. I had 192 in that one and loved the way it hooked up. I know most of you don't put that many in them, but I liked it.
Thanks![/b]
i had 108 (2 per pitch) on a 136 RMK i had but took them off. if your now riding lakes much you really dont need studs, they just create problems in the future but if you going to run them id run 108 with double backers.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me, I need 'em where I ride. Mostly hardpacked trail and occasionally wander off trail.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Thanks![/b]
I would go 144 in the middle belt only. Tunnel protectors are mandatory on that sled.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would go 144 in the middle belt only. Tunnel protectors are mandatory on that sled.[/b]
Why's that? Where's the issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts