Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new Camoplast Predator Racing snowmobile track with 1" lugs.  Im debating whether or not I should stud it first before I install it.  I was wondering what studs you guys would recommend and how many of them.  I was thinking 1.2" studs and about 96 of them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with Sharkey , That sled puts out 130 to 140 hp , all you will do with 96 studs is spin the track alot and break the studs . I have a 93 storm and I run 192 studs , still spin the track some but none have broken yet

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am running a one inch track on my 02 prox 600 and put 120 1.25" studs all in the center! On my xc800 with a 1.25" track I am running 144 1.375" all in the center!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That storm should be running 192. Any thing less and you will just rip them out. I also recommend the Woodys 5/16 gold diggers. They have a larger head that really holds up good.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'm running 144 - 5/16 - 1.025 - 1" head on my 99 800 XCR used on trails only. Not having problems with pull throughs. I would urge extreme caution with front heat exchanger. Mine is literally shredded. Track must be kept very tight (1/2"sag), constantly checked. Your taller track and longer studs are a scary thought after seeing mine. 144 works fine on trail with 8" carbides.

AL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The heat exchangers is what I was worried about.  I think the 99 800 XCR is identical to the Storm except for a different engine...does anybody else have a problem with the heat exchanger clearance?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I run 196 on mine, this is what the dealer recomended.
Runs great, I was concerned if I did not have enough I would
be ripping them out.
I have not lost or damaged any yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts