Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new ZL 800 is going to have 192 studs when i get it.... Is that too many? I have only had one of my sleds studded i usually dont prefer it studded

·
Registered
512 Posts
well.. Seeming as it's coming that way.. I guess u don't have a choice..  
But the only thing i can say is ride it. When the track is shot. Put a studdless one on and see how it compaires. Then make up your mine if you want a few studs, or a bunch again.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I think 144 down the center would give you a better balance between traction and the ability to slide it a little when you want to. For my riding syle 192 would hook the sled up far too tight, but it may suit you as it does many others. Give it a try and enjoy the new sled. Rick.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZR Sled Head @ Sep. 23, 2002, 10:19am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think 144 down the center would give you a better balance between traction and the ability to slide it a little when you want to. For my riding syle 192 would hook the sled up far too tight, but it may suit you as it does many others. Give it a try and enjoy the new sled. Rick.[/b][/quote]
I've got 168 in the standard pattern. It's not bad, but I kinda wish I would have gone with 144 down the center only. A friend did 96 down the center on a Polaris 800 and I wouldn't do that. There are alot of bent ones etc. He likes it, but I don't think there is enough to distribute the power.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for making me reassured, I pick up the sled on saturday. I cant wait till the snow flies. It will be a change from trhe Pantera 550 but we will see hoe it competes with my old ZRT 800 ( i miss her too )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts