Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor pulled out of a 86 ski doo formula sp that needed to many other things that i dont have time for. The motor is complete less carb. I even kept all the wiring, gauges, harnesses and clutch. Runs like a top and "feels" like it has good compression (dont have a tester handy) I dont know if it has ever been rebuilt it came out of a sled that read 2000 km on it. I dont know much about sleds especially value of parts, i work mostly on bikes, quads and tractors. I dont know if i will put it on ebay or anything i just figured this was a good forum to ask the value.

P.S. one other question, the track on this sled is in excellent condition and must have been replaced once before. Is this worth a lot of money to someone you think? Any other parts i should keep off of sled that are worth keeping and not taking to the scrap yard? the frame and tunnel are not really in good shape so i am scrapping those for sure. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Jon

This motor was going to go into a golf cart till i realized the motor's rotation is wrong for it :)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Motor pulled out of a 86 ski doo formula sp that needed to many other things that i dont have time for. The motor is complete less carb. I even kept all the wiring, gauges, harnesses and clutch. Runs like a top and "feels" like it has good compression (dont have a tester handy) I dont know if it has ever been rebuilt it came out of a sled that read 2000 km on it. I dont know much about sleds especially value of parts, i work mostly on bikes, quads and tractors. I dont know if i will put it on ebay or anything i just figured this was a good forum to ask the value.

P.S. one other question, the track on this sled is in excellent condition and must have been replaced once before. Is this worth a lot of money to someone you think? Any other parts i should keep off of sled that are worth keeping and not taking to the scrap yard? the frame and tunnel are not really in good shape so i am scrapping those for sure. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Jon

This motor was going to go into a golf cart till i realized the motor's rotation is wrong for it :)[/b]
$300-400 motor its a type 464 same as the Everest LC,84-86Formula SS,90-92 Safari GLX/LC

462cc 1 carb

track is the 16,5 or 15x 114 odd ball track,lots of people looking for those

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I just measure the track and it is 15'' across just like you said. Would the motor loose a lot of that value you gave me if the inner clutch "pulley" or whatever has a chip in it? i know it works fine but i didnt know if that makes the clutch useless to most, or if most of the people looking for a motor like this are just looking for the motor itself not the attached clutch. Again thanks.....

Jon

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
ya but parting out an old sled like that you can make $$$$

sled in good condtion would get $800 up here easily

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
many are worth more in parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys, I think I will post this motor in the for sale section of this site for $275 pick-up only and see if anyone needs it.

Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and almost forgot, what do you think a fair price is for this track in what appears to be good condition? It says "Quimpex" and "kevlar", or something like that?

Jon

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Super K?

$50-100 depending on shape

1 - 9 of 9 Posts