Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone… Im just in here to ask how much would it cost me to take my sleds somewhere to ride for 4-5 days?

Im from Willard Ohio (north central Ohio)…. And im in collage… now that dad wont say much if I take off for a week or so with my girlfriend I would love to take my sleds somewhere and ride. Right now I have 84 ski-doo citation SS. I know it’s old and slow, but that thing is in mint condition and has low miles. Runs great and never breaks down (knock on wood). If I were to start going somewhere and riding I would buy me a new sled and let my girlfriend ride this one.

What I really need to know is how much would I have to save up in the summer to take a nice trip in the winter? For logging and everything I would need to ride some trails. My uncle would and cuz would go to so there would be 4 in all. Minus the cost of getting there, how much? And where, could you give me some ideas of where to go? What all I would need? Do I need tages? Insurance on the sled?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Sled trips are not cheap. for a 5 day trip staying at motel I would guess around 1000.00 to 1500.00 bucks. :cussing: Its not a cheap sport.

1. trail pass 240.00 in ontario.
2. gas for vehicle.
3 gas for sled.
4 oil for sled.
5.motel
6.food restraunts
7. Beer for after you ride.!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.... well thats what i was thinking i could save up 1500 in a summer for riding..... i guess i forgot to say that i dont really want to leave the country.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
ok.... well thats what i was thinking i could save up 1500 in a summer for riding..... i guess i forgot to say that i dont really want to leave the country.[/b]
Welcome to the site , alot of good info /people here.

4-5 days at a average rate of 67.00 a night .
gas- say 20 per tank ( I norm run 2 tanks(10.5 gal tank) a day depending of riding x2 wife's sled.
driving gas to get there ???gotta get to the snow!
and food munchies..... depends how hungry you are.
coming to michigan?? = trail permit 25.00.

YES it is a costly sport , but the time of the adventure is priceless!!

mutt

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If I understand this right, you are coming with three others? you could rent a cabin at Beaver creek in Gaylord for $95 a day, very nice place. Figure a tank of gas a day , so about $30 a day for gas and oil. The cabin has a fridge and stove so bring your own food and you could eat out one time a day for $15. So let's total it up....$112.50 for lodging $150 for gas and $75 for eating out...So it looks like you could do it for about $337.50 if you watch it :thumbsup:
Here's a link to Beaver creek....http://www.beavercreekresort.net/cabins.cfm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thats dont sound that bad at all... for a cabin... but do i have to register my sled? how much per sled? and do you recomend insurance? and do i have to pay to ride on someones trails? or do i walk out the door of the cabin and ride away?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
If I understand this right, you are coming with three others? you could rent a cabin at Beaver creek in Gaylord for $95 a day, very nice place. Figure a tank of gas a day , so about $30 a day for gas and oil. The cabin has a fridge and stove so bring your own food and you could eat out one time a day for $15. So let's total it up....$112.50 for lodging $150 for gas and $75 for eating out...So it looks like you could do it for about $337.50 if you watch it :thumbsup:
Here's a link to Beaver creek....http://www.beavercreekresort.net/cabins.cfm[/b]

I wish my trips were that cheap. :lookaround:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
ok thats dont sound that bad at all... for a cabin... but do i have to register my sled? how much per sled? and do you recomend insurance? and do i have to pay to ride on someones trails? or do i walk out the door of the cabin and ride away?

If your sled is registered in Ohio that is all you need for a registration...your trail pass is $25 dollars and you can sled right from the front door! Insurance is your call!

·
Registered
71 Posts
These days the lodging isnt whats gonna dent your wallet, its the gas to get up there depending on your drive and fuel and oil for the sleds. If you got a group splitting the lodging, it will be nothing compared to the rest. I think right now we figure just to drive 2.5hrs up north for us is costing us around $120....now if we drive 6hrs to the UP....well...do the math. So it all depends on where you wanna go really

·
10,054 Posts
I live down the road from you just outside of Findlay Ohio,,, so welcome aboard neighbor!! You can run a fairly inexpensive trip as Mike suggested. You just have to watch what your doing. As far as you getting a newer sled and letting your girlfriend ride yours,,, good luck. When the trails are rough, they are rough and trust me, the girlfriend will be riding your new one.
Another way to really help your cost is to get another couple of a couple of other friends together to go up with you,,, will definetly help with your costs. Good luck
Brian

·
Registered
38 Posts
I figure about $500-600 per 2 night weekend with 500miles of driving on the truck and
150-200miles on the sled.
Breakdown:
200 bucks gas total, truck and 1 sled.
200 bucks motel with pool for 2 nights (pool for wife+kids)
100-200 for meals, drinks, misc. stuff, overage on gas budget.

Food is the biggest discretionary item. Some of the most fun is stopping at the
local bars on the trails for food and beverage. Taking the family out to a nice
restaurant will blow the budget fast!

When I was single I could do cheap motel for 50 bucks/night and food out of the cooler.
Could do a weekend for about 300 bucks or less.

Edit: Live in Green Bay, WI- sled in Keweenaw MI. Keweenaw has best snow in area,
great snowmobile hospitality/culture.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts