Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much replacement petals for the first series of v-force reeds cost? OR is there any better alternative? Boyesen...? other...?

Secondly, is there any noticeble gain from using these reeds in a 98 xc700? Or should I just go back to the stock cages?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Funny you ask this. Last week I took my v force 1's out of my 99 xc 700 and found that one side was pretty cracked up and was actually missing a little bit of one pedal. I bought the replacement pedals (they are 43.50 per cage) and put them in. Well to make a long story short I couldnt get the new pedals to seat right in the old cage. I must have tried about 5 times putting the pedals in different ways and everytime I did there would be a little gap between the cage and the pedals. When I would start the sled with the air box off you could see and feel fuel coming back out of the carbs pretty badly. The pedals were not seating like they should have been. I just said the hell with it and ordered a set of 2's through dennis kirk... They have them for 169.00 If I were you I wouldnt mess with the replacement pedals, they are spendy and didnt work for me.
later

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your replies. I will probably just stick the stock ones back in for now OR maybe update to Boyesen ?$?$?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts