Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to the differance is prices between Alaska and the rest of the country. We normally pay a little more (shipping).
I paid $8499.00 (Spring Surge)

and no......they didn't throw in a winch!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, I would have bought an RX-1 but my dealer had a left over '02 SRX for $6250 OTD that I couldn't resist. He was selling the RX-1 for $7800.

Jon

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
With less fuel needed, no injecter oil needed, no plug fouling and better resale value the money difference between the SRX and RX-1 will be made up in not that long of a time period.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Until the 2004 RX-1 comes out and nobody wants an 03..

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would have taken the SRX too.

Mighty, how is the resale going to be better? I highly doubt it will drop any slower than a 2 stroke. Plus being a first year sled you know there gonna make some changes for the better come 04' so the want for 03's might not be so mighty.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am also kind of wondering how re-sale will be better? Why, just because it is a mighty RX-1, I understand that a 4 stroke mighht have better longevity than a 2 stroke but I have seen some 2 strokes go as many as 10000 to 15000 miles with no more than changing plugs, so what if the all mighty 4 stroke wil will go 100.000 miles in all reality how long will the chassis last if you actually ride it more than 40 miles per hour??????? :withstupid:

·
Registered
83 Posts
hispd, if you have seen a 2 stroke with 15000 miles and only changed the plugs, I garantee the clutch is done, do for major over haul, the secondary bushings are probably down to metal, the rear skid brg are probably finishished, The drive shaft and jack shaft brg ready to be done if one already hasnt gone, track should be ready to blow out the back, motor probably real tired etc... I'm not saying none of this we not need to be done the rx1, but the motor should be fine if proper maintenance was done. The chassie will last as long as you maintain it period. Yamaha had two demos last year with over 55000 miles on them combined with only a valve spring break on one of them. you will not get that kind of life with 2 stroke. I'm from Canada and I put on miles. a sled up here with with 10000 miles on it would be real hard to unload unless yopu give it away, I think you wont have the same problem with an rx1 with 10000 miles, considering the motor should be good to at least 50000 miles. Hell first engine maitenance except oil changes is adjust the vaves at 32 000 km, So yes I too think the resale value will be better with rx1 or any other fourstroke for that matter

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm telling ya, there not gonna have much better resale. People will go out and buy a new sled before they will dump a bunch of $$$ on a used 2 or 4 stroke. I also agree that all chassis have a certain life span. You cannot detect certain problems by visual inspection. Most of us ride pretty hard and nobody wants a sled w/ more than 10K on the clock as someone already pointed out. That goes for 2 or 4 strokes.

I'm not bashing the sled, every time a company pushes the envelope we ALL benefit. Thumbs up to yamy for leading the pack in 4 stroke sleds.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
There are a couple of reasons I believe the re-sale will be higher;

#1, the price of an 04 will be at least 10% higher than what the 03's sold for.

#2, the long life of the engine. Sure, the chassis will need things, but the engine won't.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The East Coast seems to get hit really good with some prices on all sleds. Apparently everyone thinks that all of us snobby New Englanders are loaded with $$$$. Wish I was. About 500 bucks more for the Rx-1 out here.

·
Registered
300 Posts
BUcky, where do you live? I'm from western mass. I think the local dealer is asking about 8300 for an RX1, I have no idea what the going price is. eric

·
Registered
692 Posts
good buy on the srx!! mighty might be able too keep up with the tail light! i think they should put flags on thos 4 chokers so when a 2 stroker comes out of a turn he dosnt run it over! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP vs prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRR

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hey coffee boy, why don't you go check out the post from z800rtx another RX-1 basher on the general forum. He actually gave credit to the RX-1 after it beat a machZ, 800 mxz, xcr-800, zl800 and srx. Its nice to see a basher eat a little crow and admit when he's wrong :nervous:

·
Registered
692 Posts
all the grass drags ive been to ive seen the mighty rx 1 get its a$$ handed to it by 700s! i beleive 100 0/0 of what i see and 0 0/0 of what i hear!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think the majority of us agree the two stroke or four stroke will hold the same retail value. The RX1 still has two clutches, a skid frame, track and is made of aluminum which turns to dust after 10 years. I agree the Eng. will last longer, maybe you could use it in a log splitter after the chasey is done. Yamaha is going dowm the wrong path, two strokes should be the future.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts