Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a novice rider, I am curious as to how much experience is needed to be able to safely handle a 600 REV HO? Most of my riding will be on groomed trails in New England for upwards of 100-200 miles per day. Is time on the sled measured in miles or what is the standard for graduating to an intermediate? Want to keep myself and other sledders out of trouble. I am starting with a 1997 MXZ 583. All opinions valued.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Take a snowmobile safety course! After that, only you will be able to judge what sled you think you can handle. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
:withstupid:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
JUST MAKE SURE U CAN SEE LONG AHEAD OF U IF U LET HER RIPP
BECAUSE BEFORE U KNOW IT THAT CORNER WILL COME UP SPEAKING FROM BAD EXPRIANCE/LOL :cussing: :cussing: :hallo1:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Every sled handles different, I myself have not ridden a REV yet but have been told they handle way different, more like a dirt bike, the only way to gain experience is to ride,ride and more ride.
The safety course that someone mentioned is a great idea to learn the basics, sleds are like cars they only go as fast as you make them go, some just get there alot quicker and always remember, there might be someone coming the other way when your on the wrong side of the trail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts