136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up here we had four feet at the most

still have two feet in some areas
but it's getting really warm

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
none here more miles on the trailer then the sled, not even enough to load the sled without having to wash the dirt off after taking the sled into the barn.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This was the worst winter ive ever had.  but you know what the funny thing is, is that I originally in April of 01 ordered an 02 RMK vertical edge 700, and in september it turned out i couldnt afford it, i got PISSED, so i started selling my bike parts and stuff, and i eventually got enough money to get an 01 MX Z 600, which i havent had to much luck with, but i guess it all worked out for the better, #### having an RMK this season in Maine would have SUCKED BAD.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
We had anywhere from 3 to 5 ft of snow all winter.  Its pretty well all melted in the residential areas but we still have a couple ft in the woods yet.

·
Registered
530 Posts
We got about 3 1/2 feet here.  But we got about 20" of that during one storm in late November.  Then got pretty much the rest of it in March.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i would have to say never more that 2 ft. all winter.  we measure snow depths and densities at 14 locations twice a month from Ottawa to Cloyne Ontario.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dosn't sound like too much of a snowfall this year  

but some people got lucky

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
We received about 3 feet all season!  Just like 02MXZ600, about 12 inches of it came from that one storm.
  Very bad winter.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Grand Rapids area had a record year of just over 100" !!!
It sure as heck didn't seem like it though. We got dumped on the end of December, begining of January, but it all melted, got dumped on again and it melted....etc.  
How can you have a record year and still feel like it was one of the worst winters for snow???
It was just too #### warm. Hopefully this winter will be a little colder so the stuff sticks around.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
In Apsley we got dumped on between Christmas & New Years, about 16" Then after that at the most we had on the ground was a foot. When we needed snow all we seemed to get was rain. If February all the snowfall was "flurries", just enough to cover the driveway

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Crap,squat,diddly,we didn't get enough snow here to say it ever was winter.
like many others,more miles on the trailer than the sled.

·
Registered
79 Posts
wehad at the most 3 feetwhen it was the best.semed like when we would get a good base going it either rained or was 50 degrees.live in central vt. hopfully it will be a whole lot better.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I'm in the same boat as 02MXZ600 and Screamer.  But we got a dusting of snow last night.  Christmas city, wonderful city, all dressed up in snow and mistle toe...
I'm going riding tonight!  Wait, no I'm not!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got back from the cabin.  Spent the last two days there.  Snowmobiled out to the cabin. played around for two days and snowmobiled back.  That shud be just about the end of our season.  Lots of ice still on the lakes, guys are still driving trucks out there, but snow is just in the bays.  Been a great season in Northern Saskatchewan.  to bad it has to come to an end.  Oh well, will get the boat out in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
19 Posts
To add to my previous posting.  Have not put the machines away just yet.  Bunch of us went for a little ride yesterday.  Had to trailer over to the lake but that was only a few hundred yards, as La Ronge is on the shore of Lac La Ronge, an area 40 miles by 60 miles, with lots of islands.  We put about 50 miles on cruising the shore line.  Lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  Eventually all good things must come to an end and snowmobiling will end here soon for another year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts