Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much snow do you think we'll get this winter? hate to say it but in my area [southern minnesota] i don't think we'll get much.

·
Registered
310 Posts
personally i think this year is gonna be just like last year for everyone.  its already hot as #### 90-100 in most areas.  and its gonna be above average temps for as long as the forecasts go, so im betting on a year the same as last.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I am hoping for a good 12 inch base plus about 6 feet of powder...............(pinch)...ok, i am dreaming, i am hoping for more than 6 inches

·
Registered
328 Posts
studboy, I too am not expecting much in north/central iowa.  Things can't be as bad as last year though, my first ride in my area was superbowl week.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im up on the lamp posts right now attaching the stop signs and trail markers.  

And I just finished boarding up the lower level of my house.  And installed a sump pump in the basment.  But that goes into a re freazer so nothing goes to waste.  

Ice age here we come.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I like that Machzzz1.  I'm thinking(hoping) we will have an average year here in ND.  It would be nice to be riding by thanksgiving but I definetly wouldn't mind a year like when I bought my current sled and I was breaking it in on dear hunting opener.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I guess we will be getting our normal 8 or 10 feet of the white stuff here on the west coast of the island HE HE HE

Attachments

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'll just drive to find it.  I think that I'll be up in canada alot his season. I'll check out Buffalo nd the endgland states also.
Caleb

·
Registered
483 Posts
My guess is close to the average of 100" , that is averaged at our airport,(south of me)always get more closer to Lake Ontario. If not, drive to Tug Hill, usually get between 150"-300" per year there.

Z

·
0 Posts
"NORMALLY" we get about  240 inches of snow every year in Mancelona,   Michigan.    From Mancelona to Elmira is the "Snowbelt" of Northern Michigan.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I heard that one extreme follows another, I hope that means a cold wet winter.  I don't ride around home much anyway, no trails just ditches and fences to hit. But it would be nice to test and tune in snow and not grass!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I might be moving to Dayton Ohio, does anyone know if there is any good snow there for sledding, or how far I would have to drive to find decent sledding snow??  Thanks for the help.

Crazy Canuck....soon to be ex Canuck...lol

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Lesse, in my area, an inch - two if I'm lucky!  

1 - 20 of 36 Posts