Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
well seeing that your in the states it should be cheap.  u could get a track for 600 or less in can. funds. fick up some extra iddlers from your dealer around 30 each need about 4 or 6 and a set of skies or like i did and build them.  u will luve it ....have fun

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You need a track, skis, and an assortment of idlers. You can get everything here:

www.wahlracing.com

I have a friend that setup his ZRT800 and I have been helping to wrench.

You need to take the hyfax off to run, so add as many idlers as you can on the inside of the rails as you can. Stagger them like you would studs in a track for the best hookup.

The Wahl asphault skis are expensive, but worth it. They are safe, and legal. We run in Edmore, Mi and they like to see the approved skis used.

Skis are about $250
Track is $300-$400
Idlers about $100-$200

If you had some extra money to spend, build a cool down box to help save you some running around at the track.

We are running 10.15 so far @ 127MPH. Oh yea, start gearing at close to 2 to 1 if you are running 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
800MXZ,Thats where i run my car thats a nice track.Those are stout numbers,How stock is the engine.Thanks for the info guys.Bob

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The motor is all Cat, just good porting. Stock pipes, and the sled is stock also. Factory susp., nothing has been taken off. Setup can get you in the 10's with a stock 800.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts